PDA

View Full Version : Hubs and Ball Joints

cameron
Saturday 27th March 2010, 20:32
Well its the dreaded MOT time again :grumpy:

I was giving the old bus a right good going over to see if theres anything that needed sorting out and found that both front wheels shook quite a lot as the ball joint was moving about a lot in the hub :yikes:

Very dangerously also the person that put the wishbones on hadnt used the proper pinch bolts or locking nuts, they were just normal fully threaded bolts with normal nuts and not the tapered pinch bolt with locking nut :mad111:

To top it all of the bolts left it that loose that the hub had started eating into the bolt with the movement and was gouging chunks out the bolts.

So first question is, could the person have put the wrong wishbone / hub combo on or is there only one set up for the 850 T5 Auto on a 96P ?

Second question is did anybody else know that the correct pinch bolts for a big heavy Volvo 850 are actually the very same as they used on a wee tiny light Fo...Fo....££££ it, Fiesta ;)

Third question is does anyone else fancy coming with me to kick the w@nkers ££££in head in for putting my family in massive danger ?

Cheers peeps :D

P.s.

Its been a while, i'll need to do some seriass catching up on here, Any Gossip ?

Tomcat
Saturday 27th March 2010, 20:43
Where the hell you been?, slacker!.

cameron
Saturday 27th March 2010, 20:47
LOL Busy working chief :sorry:

Tomcat
Saturday 27th March 2010, 20:52
Nice to see you back again, sorry to hear about the crappy wishbones, at least you found out before someone got hurt.

cameron
Saturday 27th March 2010, 20:59
Thats what i thought as well, i was seriously pi55ed off when i seen it and the guy i work with has been a mechanic for 25yrs and has never seen anything like it.

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th March 2010, 20:59
I put new oem wishbones and hubs on mine from gsf under £200 the lot and it make a nice difference.:B_steerin

Welcome back slacker lol:)

Lover not a fighter sorry but have fun kicking his head in:troutslap

cameron
Saturday 27th March 2010, 21:04
He's well known as well so maybe the swearing i done this morning was enough ;)

He sells Volvo's and breaks them as well on Ebay, im just trying to remember his bloody name so everyone else can avoid the ££££in joker.