PDA

View Full Version : Rear delta arm bushes.

nobananas
Friday 26th March 2010, 21:38
I may have to replace the outer delta arm bushes on my 850 if they fail the MOT. Anybody bought these from any other source other than main dealer, I know PFV do them but I also know that Scantech stuff is pants, anyone had any experience with them ?

Alan M
Friday 26th March 2010, 22:12
Stick to genuine as some pattern items I tried a while back lasted all of 3 months before knocking. The genuine items are expensive but they last sooooo much longer.

nobananas
Saturday 27th March 2010, 10:55
Stick to genuine as some pattern items I tried a while back lasted all of 3 months before knocking. The genuine items are expensive but they last sooooo much longer.

Thanks Al, this was kind of what I was expecting to hear, trouble is I decided last year to look for a better Volvo (an R preferably) then break my 850 and use the engine etc to improve the new purchase but as usual it never happened and I still have the same motor !. Just don't know if I can justify spending that much on it this year (but I still need it regardless !). Suppose I could always keep the back axle off it if I find another one !

Alan M
Sunday 28th March 2010, 09:13
Just keep the rear beam/arms as you said. It would be an easy option.