PDA

View Full Version : this is how fast i want mine

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFEOSeVs_8&feature=related

Crazy_C
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:27
I want mine that fast too!! :D hehee

What has been done to get it up to 1.9bar??

t5 pete
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:35
any thing can be done it all depends on how much money/knoledge you have most larger turbos will flow 1.9 bar easy but runing that pruessure you have to start thinking about other things

Mck1
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:35
I think this is the same car vs a 500 BHP Supra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ReaHyJ0m9E

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:38
yeah if u go to his page he has got a few its gone now he has broke it for parts

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:43
i have found a manifold to fit a gt30 turbo and a exturnal wastgate that is enough boost aint it?

Crazy_C
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:06
any thing can be done it all depends on how much money/knoledge you have most larger turbos will flow 1.9 bar easy but runing that pruessure you have to start thinking about other things
Yea, guessing built n forged parts would be required that much over stock boost levels really.

But that sure looks fun! Imagine the looks on people faces as you floor it and just disappear! LOL

volvoturboman
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:09
My 10v goes that fast standard!!! Its a pain in the ar*e though waking up with those cornflakes all over my face lol.

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:14
yeah it happens now lol i was chassing a astra turbo and was on his ass through sone bend (lol mine is **** in bends) then there was a long strate, i though to myself thats slow i cant b assed so i backed off a little, an he saw a gap waved at me so i gave it to him he was gutted when i was going passed him alot faster than he could go lol and all iv got is a mbc set a 14psi

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:16
but i wanna go for the big boys

Rnash2002
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:24
but i wanna go for the big boys

Lol how deep are your pockets?

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:26
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=674 look at this that would work wouldnt it
and my pockets aint deep lol i wants dont get lol

t5_monkey
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:40
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=674 look at this that would work wouldnt it

No change to the Compression Ratio, or internals with that kit - or the block.

Anything over 330bhp @ The crank will split an ST block sooner or later anyway

Unless you can afford an RS block (that's £5 grand)

t5 pete
Thursday 25th March 2010, 20:43
to get power like that your atleast talking 5-7k if doing it your self then remember you will then need better suspension/brakes/fuel/pump its not as simple as bolting a larger turbo on and off you go to most people dong this is just a dream

Rnash2002
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:00
I think you have to ask your self what power you would be happy with and what you can afford,i would go out or drive in a few quick volvo's and see what you think,by the way whats the most powerful car you have owned for say more than 3 months?

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:02
i new i would need a propper rebuild but if a gave it a all forged steel bottom end lower cr bigger valves ported head cams and all blue printed with a wire rung block it would b fine wouldnt it?

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:04
I think you have to ask your self what power you would be happy with and what you can afford,i would go out or drive in a few quick volvo's and see what you think,by the way whats the most powerful car you have owned for say more than 3 months?

230 bhp atw mk2 xr2 turbo y?

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:07
and i dont have the money for this im just dreaming and seeing wots about and wot will and wont work that just looks like the same sort of set up that bloke has in that vid

t5_monkey
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:12

If a 230 whp fiesta wasn't quick enough - I doubt much else will be :)

Rnash2002
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:17
Just wanted to see what sort of power you are used to,like i said before get a map then see after a few months what you think,if your like me then you will want more power lol.
Ive done mine pritty cheap,im not at work at the minute due to a back problem so i havent got money to burn,but if you look about and do the work your self it will be cheaper than getting a garage to do it.

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:18
it was they just rust faster than they go and that much power messed it up it held the road really well till i put the turbo lump in befor it had a hi comp cvh stage 3 head and twin 45s it was wickid and anyway my volvo would give it a good run down a motorway and probs on corners it didnt like turning or stopping or pulling away

woking rob
Thursday 25th March 2010, 21:23
Just wanted to see what sort of power you are used to,like i said before get a map then see after a few months what you think,if your like me then you will want more power lol.
Ive done mine pritty cheap,im not at work at the minute due to a back problem so i havent got money to burn,but if you look about and do the work your self it will be cheaper than getting a garage to do it.

ur spec would b wickid i love ur car i wouldnt mind any mod i just want a bit more poke lol and i would love loads more i would think about saving for that if i didnt use it every day and u could do that cheaper just get the manifold and some skyline turbo but a 16/18/19t would do me fine

endo-t5
Friday 26th March 2010, 21:38
you got to ask yourself how much power can you put down on the road as mine is standard at mo and will wheelspin all the way through 1st and 2nd in the wet and mate had fiesta that hold's top speed foe fwd fiesta in uk at 179.8 mph at brunters run out of track.lol and it was a nightmare to use on the road as could torque steer 4 lanes on motorway even with the special box and diff so he now has it rebuilt into a early focus shell and still runs the zetec turbo from fiesta but now 579.8 bhp and he moaned but it owes him lots of money we reckon on him spending close to 80k in 15 years of modding the fiesta and engine's and gearbox changes and blow up's.
I'm just going for sensible mods of reverse intercooler pipes,3" dp,exhaust,air filter and then re-map hope for around 300 bhp which i think is enough in fwd oh and upgrade the brakes and suspension.

meffs
Friday 26th March 2010, 22:15
or save yourself the turmoil = £££ and get a RWD.

t5_monkey
Friday 26th March 2010, 22:26
I think around 300-330 bhp seems like the sweet spot for daily driver Volvos given their front wheel drive nature.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 26th March 2010, 23:59
I agree. I have just shy of 300 now - and I would still like to keep her driveable. Chews up tyres as it is!

If I could just squeeze few more horses out I think I would be happy.

I still enjoy the torque steer and it is still manageable.

Flatout Phil
Saturday 27th March 2010, 07:40
The essential problem is diminishing returns - not only is each additional unit of power more expensive than the next, but there comes a point where that extra power is largely worthless - may I direct you to the mytholgical Graeco-Roman demi-god Priapus (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapus for a picture - a bit prominent to post as a thumbnail on VPCUK: would scare the horses) who was given a massive wanger for his troubles. It was so huge, it was neither use nor ornament. A fast Volvo is great, but unless you have a local drag-strip and you enjoy driving in straight lines, or else live on the Isle of Man or in Germany, MASSIVE power is completely unusable and probably a bit of a waste of time.

But then Priapus must have attracted quite a following - as my mother would have said, for all the wrong reaons...
:banana:

Haizum74
Saturday 27th March 2010, 21:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFEOSeVs_8&feature=related

That would appear slow compared to this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q

cameron
Saturday 27th March 2010, 21:15
Ah Volvette :D

My favourite Volvo estate :B_thumb:

Awesome machine.

woking rob
Saturday 27th March 2010, 21:36
thats better than a big turbo

shemtek_racing
Sunday 28th March 2010, 09:55
why would anyone buy an rs block for 5grand ? when you can re sleeve the st block

t5_monkey
Sunday 28th March 2010, 19:51
why would anyone buy an rs block for 5grand ? when you can re sleeve the st block

How much is a re-sleeve of a regular T5 block?

Ben

endo-t5
Monday 29th March 2010, 09:44
big turbo don't always give you big power unless you have fueling, ignition, exhaust, air filter, too match the size of the turbo and even then why not max out the turbo you have and then see if you need a bigger turbo as i have 2 mates one with a skyline rb26 tt engine in his s13 drift car that runs 480bhp and other mate who has a 660 bhp r32 skyline gtr and the 650 has bigger turbo's and is lag city and got nothing under 4000 revs and s13 boost's from 2000 revs and both agree that the skyline is a better car if on a track but daily can't use that boost because by the time you get it too boost you have to slow down because of traffic and is not as fast as the drift car is on the road obviously on a track like the nurb the skyline would be better as will out handle the drift car as they have different set up's but just a point bigger is not always better when driven on the road plus the biggest thing is putting the power down on the road so tyres and suspension set up is just as important as the power plus gearbox and clutches need to be upgraded in process of tuning as you will always find the next weak link.

why pay 5k for a rs block when it's in a ford so no guarantee that it is uprated as could be a sales gimmick. and what are the difference's as i know that the sapphire 4x4 had a modded block to take the front diff so is thicker block with more webbing so has the rs focus block got more strength or is it a new casting and why not just mod a 2.3 as block will always thicker sidewalls and prob only be down on power by a few brake but prob not even notice.

woking rob
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 09:18
im thing about a s13 as a cheap run about as its 400 less a year to in sure and it does more mpg

endo-t5
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 21:11
s13 are about the same on fuel to be honest as i nearly bought one but volvo was a better car plus if you mod the s13 it will break and the ca 1.8 has so many probs it can be a real headache as mate's have 200's and are always breaking something as they have had them tuned and then drift them which will break any car ok you can buy anything for them but the nissan engine's are great as a lot of drifter reckon on the s chassis being awesome but then they put toyaota 1jz and 2jz turbo engine in them for relaibilty as my mate who has the skyline s13 now needs to replace his gearbox after doing a lot of drifting now sounds like a straight cut mini gearbox.lol and box is £450 for a cheap one and if he blows up the rb26 that will be £3000 or £2000 for a bare engine.
if you get a s13 leave it standard and watch out for rust as most are terrible may look good on top but they rot everywhere underneath as mate is in process of re-shelling his as old shell was like a colinder and needed close to £1000 of welding and when he removed the wings inner's were ripe which is what put me off more to be honest if you go for a 200 then go for a s14 or s14a as they seem to be better but i'd stick with the volvo as will be the better more reliable car.

woking rob
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 21:21
i wannd go rwd tho im gonna try twin engine mine 850 when its off the road just wanna fun standard rwd car

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 21:35
Or, for the money you spend on tuning and handling to try and get a heavy FWD T5 to be a properly quick car you could spend on something that comes out of the factory with RWD and big power :D

endo-t5
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 00:55
rwd and big power what car has that from standard then besides 100k car's?