PDA

View Full Version : BCV pipe configuration

exfuzzyt5
Wednesday 24th March 2010, 21:34
Been posting on a problem I've got post remap only re loss of boost pressure - as the hoses have been replaced with Silicon ones I would just like to check that there actually connected to the correct component - ie one goes to the compressor housing etc etc

I'm aware that the OEM hoses are colour coded - however cant find any trace of colurs on the outlet off the trubo/wastegate etc - so would someone please be able confirm the 3 pipes that come off the BCV where each pipe is connected the other end - so as I can confirm I've got mine correctly routed and connected to the right component

Thanks in advance

princepugh
Wednesday 24th March 2010, 22:30
RED - down to the Turbo Compressor
YELLOW - Wastegate Actuator
BLUE - Vac tree at the bottom of the Intake Pipe

exfuzzyt5
Thursday 25th March 2010, 08:44
RED - down to the Turbo Compressor
YELLOW - Wastegate Actuator
BLUE - Vac tree at the bottom of the Intake Pipe

Thanks for the info - only problem is I don't have any colour markings on the BCV - pic attached of old BCV- please would you be able to confirm colours on A B & C

princepugh
Thursday 25th March 2010, 11:10
k - I'll try to match them up for you later today.
BTW - is the silicone hose your using the properly re-inforced stuff?

exfuzzyt5
Thursday 25th March 2010, 12:18
k - I'll try to match them up for you later today.
BTW - is the silicone hose your using the properly re-inforced stuff?

Thanks - yeah the silicon seemed a bargin off ebay - think you might be right as there apprears no reinforcing - would expect to see something like inside on a petrol hose - but having not seen a decent quality silicon one then cheapo stuff off ebay might not be the best quaility ??

I'm going to pop down to a mate of mine at a hydrulic hose place on Saturday - see whats hes got on the shelf

princepugh
Thursday 25th March 2010, 19:57
OK, according to my old TCV we've got:-

A - RED - Turbo Compressor
B - YELLOW - Wastegate Actuator
C - BLUE - Vac tree

I'm not saying that the hoses are causing your problem but I read that some of the narrower gauge silicone hoses are prone to collapsing. I know silicone hoses resist temperature better but I think you need the Samco style reinforced ones. I plumped for some internally braided Fuel hose (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-6mm-Fuel-injection-hose-sae-30R7-reinforced-1-mtr-new_W0QQitemZ330408927858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4cede82272) which seems to be doing a good job so far.

Anyway - hope that helps.

exfuzzyt5
Friday 26th March 2010, 19:56
OK, according to my old TCV we've got:-

A - RED - Turbo Compressor
B - YELLOW - Wastegate Actuator
C - BLUE - Vac tree

I'm not saying that the hoses are causing your problem but I read that some of the narrower gauge silicone hoses are prone to collapsing. I know silicone hoses resist temperature better but I think you need the Samco style reinforced ones. I plumped for some internally braided Fuel hose (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-6mm-Fuel-injection-hose-sae-30R7-reinforced-1-mtr-new_W0QQitemZ330408927858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4cede82272) which seems to be doing a good job so far.

Anyway - hope that helps.

Thanks again for your assistance - will sort this tomorrow - one way or another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!