PDA

View Full Version : Poly bush mount help!!!!!

siamblue
Friday 24th June 2005, 10:30
I am in the process of getting the poly mount changed, The garage next door is fitting it for me but it is too big to fit in the mount,The car is taking up his garage floor now, Looks like i will have to refit the old bush, Is there a way of trimming or grinding then down? As it about 1/4" too wide,

Help please Gary

volvotuning
Friday 24th June 2005, 10:41
Where did you get it from?

Adam.

siamblue
Friday 24th June 2005, 10:56
Adam it is irrelevant where i got it from, It is the correct bush for the car,
Just my silly mechanics didn't know the bush pulled apart so you could invert it to fit,
All sorted now, Red faces for them big time,

Gary

fireclown
Friday 24th June 2005, 12:10
hi next time i should take it to the zoo. i reckon a monkey could fit one of them. :worthless

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 24th June 2005, 12:19
Hope you didn't pay em the 5er lol... :slap:

siamblue
Friday 24th June 2005, 15:54
hi next time i should take it to the zoo. i reckon a monkey could fit one of them. :worthless

Yes i could've fitted it, I have all the tools here, But i have a dodgy hip so couldn't get on the floor to get the jack to take the engine strain,
Plus i didn't have a press whereas next door did, No i didn't pay a £5 lol,

Pics later, First thing i noticed on start up was the cabin noise, From the engine bay, Will have to see if i can get used to it,

Gary

k690bpp
Friday 24th June 2005, 17:45
Adam it is irrelevant where i got it from, It is the correct bush for the car,
Just my silly mechanics didn't know the bush pulled apart so you could invert it to fit,
All sorted now, Red faces for them big time,

Gary

thats goodwins for you!!!

pault5
Friday 24th June 2005, 18:33
thats goodwins for you!!!

yeah i've never been that impressed with goodwins.
all that laser alignment malarky looks good but took them two goes to align my steering wheel then gave me some bs that the colomn was worn!
they did'nt check the rear either.
take the t5 to portland tyres where they do it the old way with mirrors.
paul

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 24th June 2005, 19:18
Yea Gary the dash vibration can be annoying, especially coming from a standard bush, just turn yer wireless up lol.. :slap:

siamblue
Friday 24th June 2005, 21:04
I don't normally use them just seeing the workforce will make it all known,
Anyway new pic,
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500954_89_full.jpg

k690bpp
Saturday 25th June 2005, 01:26
yep portland are good but for a proper 4 wheel alignment try elite on the old a13, its £60 but worth the extra dosh for a very professional job.

siamblue
Saturday 25th June 2005, 03:16
yep portland are good but for a proper 4 wheel alignment try elite on the old a13, its £60 but worth the extra dosh for a very professional job.

I get mine done at Kwitfit on the High Rd, Seven Kings, £25 for 4 wheel laser adjustment,