PDA

View Full Version : MOT Advisory notice help

Pandamedic
Monday 22nd March 2010, 18:15
Got my car MOT'd today. It Passed :biggrin:

However i got a couple of advisory notices. (T Reg V70 2.5T)

Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3) Offside Front Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3)

Didn't get chance to ask the mechanic what to do as by the time i got back to collect the car, he'd gone and no doubt on the plane to his holiday by now.

Anyone know what the score is with the advisory and what needs to be done.

Cheers

t5 stealth
Monday 22nd March 2010, 18:41
sounds like you will need to replace the anti-roll bar drop links.....thats all....no big deal,
cheap aswell............
advisery just means your gona have to replace them soon or atleast before the next mot.

Jamest5r
Monday 22nd March 2010, 18:54
As Mr Stealth has said, cheap as in about £15 a side and only 4 nuts in total easy diy fix mate.

Pandamedic
Monday 22nd March 2010, 19:57
cool..will have to get the haynes manual out as i have no idea what i'm looking at under there

Mck1
Monday 22nd March 2010, 20:02
Sorry to jump on your subject ,

Mine had:

N/S & O/S front lower arms inner mounting bushes has slight movement

Is this the same thing?
If not, easy fix?

streaky744
Monday 22nd March 2010, 20:36
lower arms are different to drop links. drop link has a ball joint on either end where as lower arm has bush's that has a bolt going through it.

both not to bad to change but if in doubt get a mechanic to do it. as siezed bolts can be a pain to remove in bottom arms.

t5 stealth
Monday 22nd March 2010, 20:40
lower arm bushes will need replacing,
you can replace them with polly ones.
or replace the whole arm which will replace the bushes & the lower swivel which is all part of it.

Pandamedic
Tuesday 23rd March 2010, 09:45
Managed to speak to the garage this AM and they said it's just the drop links, no rush but like you said will need changing soon and before the next MOT.

Are the ones from PVF any good? CLICK HERE (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_536&products_id=3291)

Also noticed these uprated ones! CLICK (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_536&products_id=5938)

or is it best to get OE volvo ones.

Cheers for your help again

t5 stealth
Tuesday 23rd March 2010, 19:36
they should all be ok,
depends what you want & how much you want to pay,
uprated ones are a bit thicker & have a modified ball joint apparently ,which is a bit harder wearing than stock stuff.
if you buy really cheap ones chances are they will be cheap quality,
drop links dont seem to last very long anyway as they are under some harsh forces & crap pot holed roads lol.
but if you just want something like what was fitted then standard ones will be fine & at a reasonable price,like the links you put up.

volvomad
Tuesday 23rd March 2010, 19:41
just seen a pair on ebay for 13.99 and free delivery.....

t5 stealth
Tuesday 23rd March 2010, 19:50
now thats cheap lol