PDA

View Full Version : bumper and spoiler removal

leet5r
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:02
how do i remover the front bumper and rear spoiler on my car cheers

Tomcat
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:08
To remove the front bumper drill out the plastic/aluminium rivets that attach the back edge to the wheel arch liner, then open the bonnet and remove the row of torx bolts along the top edge of the bumper (some under the panels below the headlights too), then lie on yer back and remove the rest of the torx bolts from just begind the vents, should just pull forward and off after thats done.

Yours is an estate isn't it?, open the tailgate and look behind the spoiler, remove the bolts from the brackets (3 each side) and then just pull, the spoiler may be stuck down with some of that double sided foam(it should be)

Good luck.

leet5r
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:22
To remove the front bumper drill out the plastic/aluminium rivets that attach the back edge to the wheel arch liner, then open the bonnet and remove the row of torx bolts along the top edge of the bumper (some under the panels below the headlights too), then lie on yer back and remove the rest of the torx bolts from just begind the vents, should just pull forward and off after thats done.

Yours is an estate isn't it?, open the tailgate and look behind the spoiler, remove the bolts from the brackets (3 each side) and then just pull, the spoiler may be stuck down with some of that double sided foam(it should be)

Good luck.

its a saloon m8 cheers , is it hard to remove the bumper as i want it painting properly like and the bottom half of the car to tidy her up a bit
cheers m8 are you still doin the spliters

p fandango
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:41
its a saloon m8 cheers , is it hard to remove the bumper as i want it painting properly like and the bottom half of the car to tidy her up a bit
the saloon spoiler is just held on with the brackets on the end. Open up the boot & underneath you'll see 2 torque screws holding a metal bracket which overlaps the edge of the bootlid, undo them then carefully pull the spoiler off it has got some very good double sided taped on the centre support & possibly on the edges. I think the plug for the high-level brakelight is under the carpet trimming on the boot lid

leet5r
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:54
the saloon spoiler is just held on with the brackets on the end. Open up the boot & underneath you'll see 2 torque screws holding a metal bracket which overlaps the edge of the bootlid, undo them then carefully pull the spoiler off it has got some very good double sided taped on the centre support & possibly on the edges. I think the plug for the high-level brakelight is under the carpet trimming on the boot lid

cheers m8