PDA

View Full Version : Cruise doesnt work anymore

BlueC70t5
Monday 22nd March 2010, 09:36
Just thought I would pose another problem while I was here.

About 6 months ago, my cruise control on my 2000 C70 became intermittent in operating, but seemed to be OK each time the ignition was turned on/off, as this seemed to reset it. Suddenly it stopped working at all. Took it to a local independant to read the computer, the only fault was 'voltage too high on stalk', this fault was cleared, and the independant thought it would work again. It still doesnt work, and has no response from the stalk.

I have looked for fuses, but cannot find a specific one for the cruise, any help would be greatfully appreciated. If I could fix my Cruise Control, fit a carphone succesfully, connect my I-Pod, I recon I would have a Perfect car!!

Flatout Phil
Monday 22nd March 2010, 10:28
Just thought I would pose another problem while I was here.

About 6 months ago, my cruise control on my 2000 C70 became intermittent in operating, but seemed to be OK each time the ignition was turned on/off, as this seemed to reset it. Suddenly it stopped working at all. Took it to a local independant to read the computer, the only fault was 'voltage too high on stalk', this fault was cleared, and the independant thought it would work again. It still doesnt work, and has no response from the stalk.

I have looked for fuses, but cannot find a specific one for the cruise, any help would be greatfully appreciated. If I could fix my Cruise Control, fit a carphone succesfully, connect my I-Pod, I recon I would have a Perfect car!!

My CC has not worked much on the R or the T5 - but I have purchased a 'fix kit' from a Volvo breaker (£15) which includes a relay and the CC unit from under the battery tray (?). Just not got round to fitting it yet!!! But like you, the system is a bit of a mystery so any advice or thoughts would be great.

t5_monkey
Monday 22nd March 2010, 10:39
I had the same problem with mine, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't etc...

Turned out to be a faulty position clutch sensor, you had that checked?

HADI
Monday 22nd March 2010, 10:51
Mine doesnt work on my V70-R either nor did the one on my old S70-R, must be a common fault

Tomcat
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:02
Mine stopped working on the T-5R, turned out to be a vac pipe that had just popped off, it was a rubber elbow and it was under the airbox IIRC..

p fandango
Monday 22nd March 2010, 11:52
I had the same problem with mine, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't etc...

Turned out to be a faulty position clutch sensor, you had that checked?
the clutch switch is common on P2 cars (i'm on my third), they normally pack-up because of a small weeping from the brake servo which drips straight onto the clutch switch. I've wrapped mine in a plastic bag this time & so far so good