PDA

View Full Version : C70 with Dolby Carphone Problems!!

BlueC70t5
Monday 22nd March 2010, 09:27
Hello, can anyone here help??
I have now had three seperate carphone installations attempted, but no one is able to get the correct fitting lead to fit to my 2000 C70 with upgraded Dolby system. Th latest attempt was with a Kram harness 84958, but this appears to be for a later (2005+) C70. Someone out there must have done it, Its driving me crazy!!

On a seperate issue, has anyone ever succesfully fitted a i-pod connection kit to the CD Multichanger lead in the boot, or any oither way for that matter!!

Any help guy and girls will be greatfully appreciated!!

p fandango
Monday 22nd March 2010, 10:31
not sure if the HU's are the same but i've got a Nokia handsfree kit fitted in my S60 thats got Dolby, i've got to take the radio interface out soon because of a dry joint on the board. I'll get the number off it if its going to help, think its made by Autoleads but not 100% on that (give us a couple of days)

Simon J
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 22:01
Re the phone connection, I did a bit of research on this a few months back and concluded that far and away the easiest way to hook a phone kit to the Dolby system is simply to fit a mute lead to the SC901 which (obviously!) will mute the sound coming from the head unit, and then splice the phone kit speaker output into the centre dash speaker lead which is connected direct to the head unit (the green connector as I recall) unlike the rest of the speakers which are connected to the amp in the boot (hence the difficulty of getting the correct lead in the first place). I haven't actually got round to doing this myself yet but I was told that there might need to be some sort of resistor in the connection from the phone kit to the centre speaker but I have no idea if that is necessary or not, nor if it is, what type of resistor. But to my mind this is probably the easiest way to do the install as the centre speaker is plenty loud enough.

As for the iPod integration, I use the USASpec PA 11 HON with the Volvo adapter lead which connects to the CD changer port on the back of the head unit, not at the end of the lead in the boot. I've had it installed for almost four years now and it works very well. I had to update the lead connecting the adapter to my iPhone to accommodate the later charging system but I imagine the new lead is now standard. I got mine from here (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=852)

silverback02
Monday 12th July 2010, 22:14
SIMON J

Hi there,
I have the exact same problem,
EXCEPT with 1 difference.
2004 C70 with SC901 headunit,
a 4 X 100W amp in the boot,
BUT a factory fitted RTI unit in the dash.
So
NO CENTRE SPEAKER or if there is I cannot see it, plus the RTI unit is plugged into the green socket on the SC901.

I have asked quite a few ppl about this and have had many different answers, rangeing from simply useing a SOT-084 lead to mute the radio and useing the centre speaker (as above),
But as I don't have a centre speaker (it is utalized by the RTI unit) so that idea won't work.
Others have said, I need to break into the speaker cables at the Amp, but then how would I marry that up with the mute cable ???

Another option is a 06-920B lead that uses a SOT-084 and I think a connector for the Din cable, Problem with this is trying to get it, The manufacturers are waiting for bits and pieces for it. + the cost, in some places they are £80 +.

I thought about useing the SOT-084 and makeing up a lead to break into the 6 pin DIN cable to the amp behind the headunit, and find the front speaker cables, But finding the full diagram for that is difficult enough.

So, Do you think you can assist me in any way.???

Cheers,
Joe.

silverback02
Monday 26th July 2010, 16:13
Did you get this sorted at all??
Joe.

silverback02
Friday 20th August 2010, 13:29
Hi All,

Iv'e cracked it,

I fitted a SOT-084 (For SC90* headunits) (for HU Headunits use SOT-043)
and a 06-920b lead for the Amp,
and with a little adaptation it fits, mutes, and works fine.
See how, Here.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31169

Joe.

any probs PM me and I'll run through it.