PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!!

volvoturboman
Friday 19th March 2010, 23:15
Right Monday is completely free so the car is getting absolutely dunged out and cleaned in every nook and cranny. Problem is the paint, the winter was harsh and lifted chunks of laqer from the bonnet. Will I require a respray or is the some secial chemicals I can use to mask it up? On the rear bumper there are some nasty black blotchs, don't kno where they came from and they seem to be in the paint???? So any masking up goodies I could go buy?

volvoturboman
Saturday 20th March 2010, 00:16
?????? Anything

sebasteeno
Saturday 20th March 2010, 22:06
If the laquers lifted then i think your in trouble mate.

If the cars not pristine and you want to stop it getting any worse then pull the creamy laquer off and paint some fresh laquer on the edges where its peeling. In the past ive spayed laquer into the can lid then painted on and it then seels the lifting laquer again and doesnt peel off anymore.

Tomcat
Saturday 20th March 2010, 22:26
Yup as already said if the laquer has lifted then I'm afraid it's a full repaint unless......... How much laquer has peeled?, photo's?. If it's not much (by not much I mean about the size of a coin) then you could possibly get away with just touching in that area and then flatting back,buffing back up, however I'd need to know what the paint was like first.

volvoturboman
Monday 22nd March 2010, 01:29
I'll see if I can get pictures. The spoiler is the worst and I think that will need resrayed (Volvo spoilers, nough said!!) The bonnett however is annoying me. Its not on the edges or corner. Its 2 blotches in the centre of the bonnet, biggest being 4cm long by 1.5cm wide. Ice I assume mst have stuck and then slid of as melting. I'll post p a cople of pics in next couple of days and you can then advise me if your suggestions wold be best. I really can not afford a respray right now.