PDA

View Full Version : front suspension

volvomad
Friday 19th March 2010, 18:28
hi all got the water problem solved thank god,was wondering if anyone had any advice on what front shockers to put on my t5r any help would be appriciated thanks stuart..........

Al115
Friday 19th March 2010, 18:46
Same as the back, so Volvo OEM, or change front AND rear, would be my advice...

Clan998
Friday 19th March 2010, 19:10
hi all got the water problem solved thank god,was wondering if anyone had any advice on what front shockers to put on my t5r any help would be appriciated thanks stuart..........

Hi Stuart,

Ive Bilstien B4's with Eibach springs on my R , I find them a good compromise there not to stiff for everyday driving but stiff enough when you throw it into the twisty bits .

They are real cheap on Europarts too I think about £45 - 50 each :-)

Rich

850 Skye
Friday 19th March 2010, 19:13
Coilovers you know you want too.

volvomad
Friday 19th March 2010, 21:54
Hi Stuart,

Ive Bilstien B4's with Eibach springs on my R , I find them a good compromise there not to stiff for everyday driving but stiff enough when you throw it into the twisty bits .

They are real cheap on Europarts too I think about £45 - 50 each :-)

Rich

Hi, Rich,

I though of Bilstiens and didn't know what they were like but now you've made my mind up at that price. I just didn't want to lose the ride on the car. where did you get your eibach springs from?

cheers,
Stuart

volvomad
Friday 19th March 2010, 21:56
Coilovers you know you want too.

no chance i dont have many teeth left as it is lol

Clan998
Saturday 20th March 2010, 07:59
Hi, Rich,

I though of Bilstiens and didn't know what they were like but now you've made my mind up at that price. I just didn't want to lose the ride on the car. where did you get your eibach springs from?

cheers,
Stuart

Hi Stuart

I got mine from a guy on here cant remember his name ...Ill look his number up and PM you . He's in Northern Ireland I think they were like £190 delivered .

One more thing when uv a spare £185 get an IPD rear anti roll bar from Don @ Kalmar Union that made such a difference to the handling , it really transformed the car.

Lastly when all that is done get a 4 wheel lazer alignment set up done ( Look for someone that has the Hunter System ). I was suprised to find that every wheel on my car was out some for other camber and toe in :-(

Good luck with it .... Where are btw if your local to Kent your more than welcome to come for a spin in my car ?

Rich

Clan998
Saturday 20th March 2010, 08:01
Good luck with it .... Where are btw if your local to Kent your more than welcome to come for a spin in my car ?

Rich

Sorry I just read your post ...your on the Isle of Skye :-( I might be in Glasgow next week end tho ?

volvomad
Saturday 20th March 2010, 18:20
how you doing rich,gonna take your advice and get all the suspension done on the car but i now need to get a volan alloy to as was in inverness today hit a pothole and bent my alloy just my luck,so gonna speak to the council on monday for a claim form......

Clan998
Sunday 21st March 2010, 16:54
how you doing rich,gonna take your advice and get all the suspension done on the car but i now need to get a volan alloy to as was in inverness today hit a pothole and bent my alloy just my luck,so gonna speak to the council on monday for a claim form......

Stu

Thats bad luck ...I ruined two tyres with pot holes in january im super careful now always watching out.

Ill keep my eyes open for one

Rich

t5_monkey
Sunday 21st March 2010, 19:07
the pot holes are insane around here in Glasgow - proper 6cm+ deep

I don't like driving in the dark in case I miss one coming.

volvomad
Sunday 21st March 2010, 19:21
the pot holes are insane around here in Glasgow - proper 6cm+ deep

I don't like driving in the dark in case I miss one coming.

they are unavoidable up here when a lorry is coming the other way,most of the time you can go round them,makes me wonder why i pay tax just to ruin my car..........