PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!! 850 T5 Not Boosting =(

Crazy_C
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:34
On the way round to my dads earlier on, the lambda light came on the dash in the 850 and the turbo just stopped boosting :(

Goes alright before the turbo kick in point (about 2k rpm) and then all I hear when the turbo *should* be kicking in is what sounds like a whoosh of air.

Have I blown a pipe off somewhere do you think, or could this be more serious?

Please help!!! Never had a turbo before so I dunno what could be wrong :( Cheers!!!

t5 pete
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:37
99.9% sure you will have blown a pipe off if it was a intercooler one i would have thought the car would run rough so most likley a vacume pipe

Crazy_C
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:42
Cool, any idea where the pipes would be located? As I said, never had a car with a turbomajiggy on it so dunno anything really, other than they spin, magic happens and car goes zoom.

And no liquid leaking so deffo not intercooler (guessing intercoolers are like radiators and have liquid in them).

Cheers dude.

claymore
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:45
Cool, any idea where the pipes would be located? As I said, never had a car with a turbomajiggy on it so dunno anything really, other than they spin, magic happens and car goes zoom.

And no liquid leaking so deffo not intercooler (guessing intercoolers are like radiators and have liquid in them).

Cheers dude.

No liquid in an intercooler its just air, I would think it will be realy obvious which pipe is off, just have a good look under the bonnet.

t5 pete
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:47

Cheers dude.

Hello if you look at the side of your air box you will see there is a controller with a plugin the back and 3 4mm vacume lines coming from it cheack all of the for air leaks/brakes etc.
As for the intercooler they are dry as its only air passing through them and the cooler make the air cooler.
However our pipes and cooler will have traces of oil in it as our breather system re-enters back through the system to be burnt back off

Crazy_C
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:50
Told you I dunno about turbos LOL So it may well be an intercooler pipe too then. I'll check all the pipes tomorrow then, just in case.

Hopefully it's obvious to see. Dunno if it's related, but it seems to be getting rather warm under the hood too. Does that mean it's more likely to be the intercooler?

Cheers guys

t5 pete
Thursday 18th March 2010, 21:32
lol every engine bay gets hot under the hood even more so with a turbo

Crazy_C
Thursday 18th March 2010, 21:39
Pete, this was hot enough to dry my wet hair, and I have a LOT of hair!! LOL I know about hot engines though, used to have a 9.4 litre twin supercharged V8 in a Camaro - could actually cook food on the hood of that thing :D First car I know of with a teflon coated hood for that reason!! :lol:

Intercooler pipe on the bottom had come off partially. Must have been when I hit a pothole earlier (buggered a tyre and split my CV boot too)

Not driven her, but hopefully that'll fix the problem. I don't have any spare jubilee clips at the moment but I'll get one on there tomorrow and finger crossed that'll fix it.

Cheers guys