PDA

View Full Version : Thinking abouy Spraying my alloys

Mck1
Thursday 18th March 2010, 18:16
I'm thinking about spraying my t5 alloys gloss black. Has anyone already done? If so, any pics.

Or has anyone refurb themselves?

woking rob
Thursday 18th March 2010, 18:30
i was gonna do this but didnt get round to it
where in surrey u from

Mck1
Thursday 18th March 2010, 18:32
Hersham, soon moving to Chertsey.

Eddy T
Thursday 18th March 2010, 18:58
I have Black 18" 5 spoke mangels on my T5 which goes very well with the Red bodywork. You really need a lighter colour car to go with Black alloys and spraying origional Volvo wheels black just don't seem to work, I think its is because they ain't quite big enough. Well thats my 2 pence worth. But in the end it is down to personal preference.

850 Skye
Thursday 18th March 2010, 19:14
Hi i have sprayed my own wheels, not black, easy job just allow plenty of time and somewhere nice and warm to do it. A bit dirty in these pics but you get the idea i did these with spray cans.

Paintguy
Thursday 18th March 2010, 19:32
I've done hundreds of sets. Is it advice or product recommendations that you're after?

I have to agree with Eddy T above though - somehow black wheels on a black or very dark coloured car don't always look right. Of course it's your personal choice, but dark grey/anthracite usually looks better, although then you run the risk of them just looking like dirty silver ones! :)

Mck1
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:07
Just after advise & pics to help me make up my mind.

Would they look good against the body colour Verdigris / Tropic Green metallic or is that too dark.

Tomcat
Thursday 18th March 2010, 20:13
Done quite a few sets myself now so there's plenty of experience here to help you.

Take a side view photo of your car and I can edit it in photo shop to show you whatever colour you like.

Mck1
Friday 19th March 2010, 09:28
Done quite a few sets myself now so there's plenty of experience here to help you.

Take a side view photo of your car and I can edit it in photo shop to show you whatever colour you like.

If you can work your magic 'Tomcat' that would be great! Gloss Black.

Tomcat
Friday 19th March 2010, 10:08
Ok,here ya go.

Mck1
Friday 19th March 2010, 16:19
Thank you so much.

I think I'll stick with the same colour!