PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 v70 headlight wiper/washer question

SKIDMARKS
Wednesday 17th March 2010, 10:36
As I am getting the few niggles done on the car one of these is the o/s headlight wiper does'nt work also the washer dribbles a tiny amount of fluid not enough to wash with.
If the motor is nackered would this affect the wash ? and best place to get a new one ?

Thanks

Piles
Wednesday 17th March 2010, 18:45
Pull cap back on the front of the wiper and remove securing bolt. Remove wiper arm an pull away from headlight. The delivery tube will pull out too and you'll see a join. Pull apart and blow through/thoroughly clean.

The motor is underneath the headlight. I got a second hand one from eBay last week for £30. Procedure takes a while but is easy enough.

Take front bumper off. Loosen all the headlight bolts (you can get away with not doing the side one - just). The motor is attached to the bottom of the headlight. Unplug, remove (easier when headlight is loose) and replace with new motor. Reverse all steps.

HTH

I did mine last weekend funnily enough.

dominic street
Wednesday 17th March 2010, 18:50
the motor being knacked should not stop the flow of water to the jet maybe checking to see the pipes are still connected and when depressing the windscreen jets have a look under the car to see if there is any water leaking any where, iam no expert but i have had this before were the pipe had spilt but to be honest iam sure there is a lot of guys with a lot more knowledge than me will pop up with help ,,, good luck ...

Piles
Wednesday 17th March 2010, 18:56
Yeah. Sorry I assumed when you said knackered motor you meant the wiper motor. If the wiper arm is still working it doesn't control the wash jet.

SKIDMARKS
Thursday 18th March 2010, 11:15
Pull cap back on the front of the wiper and remove securing bolt. Remove wiper arm an pull away from headlight. The delivery tube will pull out too and you'll see a join. Pull apart and blow through/thoroughly clean.

The motor is underneath the headlight. I got a second hand one from eBay last week for £30. Procedure takes a while but is easy enough.

Take front bumper off. Loosen all the headlight bolts (you can get away with not doing the side one - just). The motor is attached to the bottom of the headlight. Unplug, remove (easier when headlight is loose) and replace with new motor. Reverse all steps.

HTH

I did mine last weekend funnily enough.

Thanks for the info. Looked on ebay for a motor but I guess you had the one and only ! :doh:

I'm guessing it is the motor and maybe a leak. Have sent a mail to rufe for a price.

thebadger
Thursday 18th March 2010, 15:12
IIRC I asked rufe a price, as my NS one is not moving, £128ish was the price.

I may wait & get a second hand unit!

SKIDMARKS
Thursday 18th March 2010, 18:30
Got a Price from rufe today £101 plus delivery. Must be dearer for nearside :deal:

Piles
Thursday 18th March 2010, 19:15
Try searching for "v70 breaking" on eBay and contact the seller.

v70torslanda
Thursday 18th March 2010, 22:33
Readview! Accrington. See the Trader's Section on here.

Breakers. 2nd hand will be just as good as new.

luv'n'stuff

J

SKIDMARKS
Friday 19th March 2010, 11:15
Have sent readview a pm, so thanks for that. No prob with second hand. All my clothes are 2nd hand :worried:

Nothing on ebay for phase 2 btw !

Aha, found 2 that are being scrapped so sent them a message...thanks Piles

v70torslanda
Friday 19th March 2010, 14:08
All my cars are second hand, too! :)

Ring Adam, he sometimes takes a while to respond to PMs ;)

SKIDMARKS
Friday 19th March 2010, 14:55
Found one at a breakers yard on ebay. £27.50 posted ! result eh ? saves enough money to buy a 2nd hand wardrobe to put my 2nd hand clothes in :wiggle: