PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust - Fed Up

850 2.5 10v
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 12:31
Had a horrid Bosal exhaust fitted some time ago by Kwik Fit.

I am pretty sure the baffles have gone and it drones and drones - its definitely got worse. (And out of warranty period)

Am I mad here - but think I might replace with a Jetex cat back (replaced the cat a while ago too).

I don't want a loud exhaust just something decently muffled.

Help needed please!!

And musn't cost the earth either so no SS.

Cheers

smithy
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 12:35
Had a horrid Bosal exhaust fitted some time ago by Kwik Fit.

I am pretty sure the baffles have gone and it drones and drones - its definitely got worse. (And out of warranty period)

Am I mad here - but think I might replace with a Jetex cat back (replaced the cat a while ago too).

I don't want a loud exhaust just something decently muffled.

Help needed please!!

And musn't cost the earth either so no SS.

Cheers

i had a jetex not ss one lastest 5 yrs atleast till i scrapped the car and it was still good highly recommended mate .

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 13:30
According to the 850 registrar as was with the VOC about four years ago, the standard Volvo exhaust should last a very long time. Bosal stuff always was, and I suspect always will be SCRAP with a silent S. As ever, all depends how long you are keeping the car etc. My Jetex has got louder, but not in an irritating way - unless you are a very sensitive soul, it is quite a nice option. You could always retain the old system so if you do sell the car, you can retrieve the Jetex system?
Or you could try Rufe - if you want a kosher Volvo system he will be the cheapest supplier.

850 2.5 10v
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 13:47
I think a genuine system is something like £600!

I will try Rufe though...

Cheers

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 16:34
PFV want £243 for a Jetex system for your car, Euro Car Parts are coming in at £185 for a pattern part rear silencer, so the Jetex looks like a bargain on this basis.

Colin850
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 16:40
When you say "musn't cost the earth" what sort of price are you looking at?
PartsForVolvos sell the Jetex cat back system for around £240
I had a custom made stainless steel one for not much more so if your planning on keeping the car a while i'd go stainless, plus with it being custom made you can have it as quiet or loud as you want

Tomcat
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 17:14
At least you buggers can get performance systems for your cars off the shelf, none even makes anything for the 960's (not mine at least), custom system is going to cost something in the region of £500.

walter leever
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 17:28
At least you buggers can get performance systems for your cars off the shelf, none even makes anything for the 960's (not mine at least), custom system is going to cost something in the region of £500.

I told you so,don't sell it,but who didn't want to listen?:viking:

woz
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 20:50
According to the 850 registrar as was with the VOC about four years ago, the standard Volvo exhaust should last a very long time.
Second that - mine was pretty rusty when I got the car (2005 168k miles) and needed a rear hanger rewelding once, now 219k miles - same exhaust 5 years and 50k on!

Good ad for swede steel.
W

850 2.5 10v
Wednesday 17th March 2010, 20:03
When you say "musn't cost the earth" what sort of price are you looking at?
PartsForVolvos sell the Jetex cat back system for around £240
I had a custom made stainless steel one for not much more so if your planning on keeping the car a while i'd go stainless, plus with it being custom made you can have it as quiet or loud as you want

I have had the car nigh on 7 years.

Its part of the family but I like to keep things reasonable without skimping.

I like the idea of a Jetex and £240 ish sounds reasonable.

Might try and get some sort of deal.

Cheers