PDA

View Full Version : pct

mightywolf
Sunday 14th March 2010, 15:12
when i did my pcv systems the other day i noticed 2 very curious things. 1) the electrical plug that should be attached to my ptc isn't there!! I looked all over to see if had just been unplugged and left dangling and i'll be blowed if i can see it. What is it needed for and will it do any damage without it?
2) should something be plugged into my vac tree? cos nothing is. Its all capped off. I thought there would be a couple of pipes going to it at least. Your help is very much appreciated guys, as always!! :)

mightywolf
Sunday 14th March 2010, 19:25
sorry the title should be ptc. Sorry for any confusion, i can't type!!

mightywolf
Monday 15th March 2010, 17:54
guess no-one knows then? :(

p fandango
Monday 15th March 2010, 18:18
i've ditched the PCT altogether & use a catch tank for the PCV vent, the wires are to a small heater element in the valve to help the flow & keep the pipe from clogging due to sludged oil. How effective the system is & how long (or if) it has any affect i don't know

mightywolf
Monday 15th March 2010, 20:18
i've ditched the PCT altogether & use a catch tank for the PCV vent, the wires are to a small heater element in the valve to help the flow & keep the pipe from clogging due to sludged oil. How effective the system is & how long (or if) it has any affect i don't know

well i cleaned it all off anyways and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything!cheers :)

So does anyone know if i should have any hoses going to my vac tree? like i said i thought there should be a couple at least but all six are capped off on mine.