PDA

View Full Version : audi 5 pot exhaust manifold flange bolt pattern

t5 pete
Sunday 14th March 2010, 11:26
Hello does any one know if the bolt pattern on the audi 5 pot engines are the same as our t5 ones as im thinking of getting a manifold off a audi to fit on myne.

Alan M
Sunday 14th March 2010, 11:29
Port sizes are different and spaced differently. What model are you looking at? The early TD cars in 850/70 guise use the audi engines but the volvo petrol engines are different.

t5 pete
Sunday 14th March 2010, 11:45
hi alan it a AUDI COUPE QUATTRO/90 20V 7A I can alter the flange which wouldnt be a problem its for the t5 conversion im doing ill try and get a pic of it for you.

t5 pete
Sunday 14th March 2010, 11:48
Here the pic of it alan even if its not a good fit the 5 in 1 collector will come in handy

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/Bn0e6QwWkKGrHqYOKiIEtlgFtK2BLlByPLL.jpg

Alan M
Sunday 14th March 2010, 12:15
Its going to be very hard to remove the standard flange and weld on a new laser cut item. The headers are made up in stages with the head flange the starting point. I thought about doing just what you suggest but with a later model tubular header/manifold but the position required to get your welder either arc/tig or mig is near impossible on some joints. If the ports are the same centre apart to the T5 item you could always get a flange laser cut then weld it to the existing flange/s for your application as that makes the welding far easier. that way you can make welds to both inside the port opening and the outside of the flange/s then grind it clear after.

Alan M
Sunday 14th March 2010, 12:16
Is this for your 240 as the collector if mounting a turbo to the top of the engine may be to high and be to obtrusive and cause a bonnet closing problem.

t5 pete
Sunday 14th March 2010, 12:29
yeah it for the 240 ive also thought about the clearence issue but just cannot determin how much room there will be from just the photo but if it goes cheep enough its worth a try