PDA

View Full Version : changing bushes on 4 bolt type wishbone

Mental Wealth Doctor
Saturday 13th March 2010, 15:16
Found some bushes for the awd, they aint cheap at £200, but thats from sweden, and includes the metal core with radial threads. question is how difficult will it be to change them? anyone done this before?

v70torslanda
Saturday 13th March 2010, 16:43
Found some bushes for the awd, they aint cheap at £200, but thats from sweden, and includes the metal core with radial threads. question is how difficult will it be to change them? anyone done this before?

Have you a URL for the Swedish website?

I know how to change the P2 bush and I would imagine it to be a 'similar-but-not-exactly-the-same' process. If I can check the website I can get back to you.

I must point out that rebushing the early wishbone is a somewhat risky business, you could go to the expense and trouble of rebushing only to find it fails the next MOT on a knackered balljoint. I'll help as much as I can.

luv'n'stuff

J

Mental Wealth Doctor
Saturday 13th March 2010, 21:00
Have you a URL for the Swedish website?

I know how to change the P2 bush and I would imagine it to be a 'similar-but-not-exactly-the-same' process. If I can check the website I can get back to you.

I must point out that rebushing the early wishbone is a somewhat risky business, you could go to the expense and trouble of rebushing only to find it fails the next MOT on a knackered balljoint. I'll help as much as I can.

luv'n'stuff

J

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24913&highlight=850+awd
Its on this page
Cheers