PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 s

Will_1223
Friday 12th March 2010, 22:58
hi all im looking at getting a t5 and have found a 1994 850 t5 s or 2.3 s turbo as its displayed in the ad, whats the difference between the normal t5 and the t5 s???

martybelfastt5
Friday 12th March 2010, 23:02
t5 s is the base t5,,just interior spec differences,next model is the t5 cd not sure if theres one in between if so prob going to be gle/glt have seen some ads with this title tho dont know if it exsists

Will_1223
Friday 12th March 2010, 23:08
well this one has full leather interior and walnut trim dash, i thought the S had a smaller turbo or something but couldnt find anything on wikipedia

Volvostorm
Friday 12th March 2010, 23:21
Mine's an 'S' it has the full fat T5 engine (15g turbo and 225bhp) don't think they do a small output version.

As for spec : Walnut dash, full leather, 4x electric windows, twin airbags, climate control, cruise control, info centre.

I think it all depends on the person ordering the car from new, as I've seen 'higher' models with less spec than mine.

martybelfastt5
Friday 12th March 2010, 23:28
i have a t5 s also,,4x elec windows half leather ,,computer,,no cruise ect sc>805 pretty standard spec

Crazy_C
Saturday 13th March 2010, 00:03
Yea, just the spec list - mine is the T5 GLT without any walnut trimming, only front electric windows, one airbag on the front and grey half leather interior.

There is a T5 S down my scrappy with all blue interior, all cloth, and must say it does look nice :D Think it was all down to the original options as Paul said.

DuncVolvoTurbo
Saturday 13th March 2010, 19:28
If the car is advertised as an 850 Turbo, it could be that the car's spec is "Turbo" and not "S" at all, especially if it is a 1994 car.

If it have the Reverse Intercooler Pipework (big pipe that goes straight over the engine), square buttons (instead of the newer rounded ones), cigarette lighter on the left hand side (instead of a OBD2 port under a coin tray), and if it is a saloon and has orange rear indicators (instead of clear ones), then in all probability it is a "Turbo". This was the highest spec 850 you could buy at that time.

All T-5s and Turbos (as far as I know), had the standard 15g turbo from new and were kicking out 225bhp.

Will_1223
Saturday 13th March 2010, 19:37
well its safe to say the one i was looking at im not getting, its a complete dog, it had rust everywhere, the interior was disgusting, laquer peeling off on the bonnet and wings, rear lights all faded and paintwork in general faded, it looked like it should have 300k rather than 148k, im going to look at a 1995 t5 auto glt tommorow in blue so am hoping its the right car, he's interested in my focus so all seems to be good, will see tommorow if i return with a t5 wooohooo

sebasteeno
Saturday 13th March 2010, 20:17
well its safe to say the one i was looking at im not getting, its a complete dog, it had rust everywhere, the interior was disgusting, laquer peeling off on the bonnet and wings, rear lights all faded and paintwork in general faded, it looked like it should have 300k rather than 148k, im going to look at a 1995 t5 auto glt tommorow in blue so am hoping its the right car, he's interested in my focus so all seems to be good, will see tommorow if i return with a t5 wooohooo
Good luck!