PDA

View Full Version : Seat and steering wheel removal

mel 2079
Friday 12th March 2010, 08:38
Hi,
Any advice would be more than welcome....I do know one end of a spanner from the other but with airbags involved I am more than a little cautious as I dont fancy a spell in the local accident unit.....

I wish to remove the black leather seats from a v70 t5 estate and also the wood and leather steering wheel ......any special tools needed? Anything special to do prior to unbolting the front seats etc.

Any help would really be appreciated.

steveo82
Friday 12th March 2010, 20:11
hi mate, from experience its not a dangerous job as some people will lead you to believe but i'm no expert with volvos SRS system and some cars have a set time that you should let elapse before disconnecting the airbags and pre-tensioners as they hold voltage because if u hit something and they don't go off, the spare is there incase u get hit by something else thus protecting u! all in all usually just normal tools required like torx drive bits to remove seat bolts and sometimes airbags but not difficult.

u may need the SRS light reset after removal as i say i haven't done them on a volvo but make sure battery is disconnected before touching airbags, and lay them down bag side up just in case :)