PDA

View Full Version : Wheel refurbing

ripper
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:23
I have decided it's time i spent yet more money on my car, so i thought i'd look to get the alloys refurbed.

Does anyone know of any refurber's in the worcestershire/Birmingham area that are good but not too expensive? (Don't wanna travel too far you see).

If so i would really appreciate some information on them...... cheers!

Andrew
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:29
Wobbly Dave or Justin can point you to some good uns. Drop them a PM.

ripper
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:32
Should've thought about that really i suppose, what with both local to me..:slap:

Cheers Andrew.

Stuart

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:32
There is a bloke in West Heath just near Jnc 2 of M42 who did mine for ~£25 a corner.

ripper
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:38
There is a bloke in West Heath just near Jnc 2 of M42 who did mine for ~£25 a corner.
Dave, any chance you could let me have their tel no. That is of course if you have it

£25 a corner, that sound well reasonable. Was that a special deal or just the price they charge any joe bloggs?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:45
Yeah - you want to speak to Paul Ratcliffe. His no. is 0121 475 8011.

I have spoken with him and he is expecting your call. Just say that Dave with the Big Red Volvo told you and go from there.

They are just off the Redditch Road going in towards Brum (A441). I can take you down there if you'd prefer?

ripper
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:58
How is it best arranged though Dave?

What i mean by that is would i take the car with alloys on, or would i need to remove wheels and tyres, then take them down? if it was the latter of the two i would appreciate some assistance in getting the wheels there, plus the other problem is i would then be transportless without wheels (unless you know of some i could borrow?), depending on how long it takes to turn them round of course.

But yeah it would be good to put name to face, as i've not actually had the oppurtunity to yet.

I was looking to get them done in the next couple of weeks. So if you've got time to spare at some point then that would be great dave, cheers.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 18:17
I will help in anyway I can. I am not certain about tyres. Probably taking them off before hand would be a good thing. It might be possible to borrow a set so that you are not stuck on axel stands for how ever long.

Why don't you come down and see me this evening and we can talk about it?

07801 347 993

You might even get yer car washed at the same time?

gibbo
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 20:15
Paul also did mine
I left the tyres on, just dropped the wheels off.
3 day turn around but he did say he could do them quicker if i needed them.
Charged me £170 BUT THEY WERE WELL & TRULY KNACKERED

Well pleased with the result.

Gibbo

GuyD5
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 23:23
(unless you know of some i could borrow?)

I've got a set you can borrow, legal tyres, etc :)

ripper
Friday 24th June 2005, 11:45
I've got a set you can borrow, legal tyres, etc :)
Guy i have pm'd you