PDA

View Full Version : 850 - How to turn off daytime running lights!

Mck1
Monday 8th March 2010, 20:53

To adjust, press in the screw with a small screwdriver and turn to one of the following positions:

Turn to the position shown in pic - daytime running light function disabled

To turn automatic daytime running lights back on - turn vertically

madhouse
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 21:53
Simples!!

Crazy_C
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 22:24
I didn't think my 850 had that............gonna have to look for that!!

madhouse
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 22:35
Thing is... why turn them off? I think that they look good + add to general safety too, I mean Audi and Mercs are just cottoning on to the daytime running lights lark, the good old Volvics have been at it for years now!!

Crazy_C
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 22:40
Thing is... why turn them off? I think that they look good + add to general safety too, I mean Audi and Mercs are just cottoning on to the daytime running lights lark, the good old Volvics have been at it for years now!!
They've been a legal requirement in Canada for a long time now on all cars. Think it'd be a good idea to have them here too actually as you say

volvokid
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 22:54
In the next couple of years it will be illegal not to have DRL's

volvoturboman
Wednesday 10th March 2010, 20:00
I agree with mad house, why would you want to turn them off??? My first Volvo (740) had had the fuse pulled when I bought it I swiftly popped a new one in its place.

Mck1
Wednesday 10th March 2010, 20:05

To adjust, press in the screw with a small screwdriver and turn to one of the following positions:

Turn to the position shown in pic - daytime running light function disabled

To turn automatic daytime running lights back on - turn vertically

After posting this, It did not work on mine anyway as the internal screw has broke! I think your all right.

volvoturboman
Wednesday 10th March 2010, 20:09
Must actually take a wee nosey on my car to see if its the same considering its only a freshened up 850 anyway.

madhouse
Wednesday 10th March 2010, 21:07
I agree with mad house, why would you want to turn them off??? My first Volvo (740) had had the fuse pulled when I bought it I swiftly popped a new one in its place.

Same when I bought my Saab 9000 daily hack the fuse had been taken out, so promptly popped it back in!

Which is currently for sale if anyone fancies a good clean workhorse?
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/M11REH/swedish%20pair/IMG_3840-1.jpg
Sale due to new T5 arriving!!