PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on how to increase performance of my c70? Dealer says its not possable!!!

b7yen
Sunday 7th March 2010, 23:07
I?m looking for some suggestions on how to increase improve performance of my 2001 C70 T5. I understand the T5 engine is a good ground to start from lucky me if I ever fix the etm fault. :wallbash:

I don?t want to go to mad to start with so I?m planning on a SS exhaust and remap if recommended. I don?t want to lose the air con so I guess a turbo upgrade is out of the question?

I?m new to all this with Volvos so any suggestions would be greatly received.
Is there a web site that i can put my chassis number in to find out what my car had from the factory?
________
Suzuki gsx 650 f history (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX_650_F)

Chad
Sunday 7th March 2010, 23:10
check www.rica-uk.com

your C70 is capable of being tuned............

hth

chad

thebadger
Sunday 7th March 2010, 23:31
Air filter & moving the horns off the IC are mini boosts.

I don't think changing the Turbo will lose you air con.

A map is the way to go though! You'll gain around 50bhp from that alone! Filter will add 5bhp & the exhaust 10-15bhp.

Very modable though.

Consider suspension & brakes too if you're boosting the power!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th March 2010, 00:43
I have done many mods - running the same engine as you. You need to fix the faults first - obviously - but I am running a solid 300bhp. Thankfully there is no dizzy or HT leads to play with but you may have to change coil packs.

To start a panel filter and a decent remap will do you well.

JelT5
Monday 8th March 2010, 04:29
I'll second what Chad says about RICA. Highly recommended mate!
It's probably the most aggressive remap you can get- works really well with a manual boost controller, although running the two together isn't recommended due to the choccy conrods.

Very tunable cars and transformed into a beast even with a stage 1 set up.

Wombatbomb
Monday 8th March 2010, 06:19
You cannot use a manual boost controller on an ME7 car.

JelT5
Monday 8th March 2010, 07:30
Yeah, sorry MBC no good with ME7. Remap very good though :)

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 8th March 2010, 08:52
If you get a chance to look at Wobbly Dave's baby it will give you an idea what can be done. I'm sure there are some pics of the engine bay somewhere.

I had a computer crash on Friday evening and I'm still sorting out all the software that needs reloading, so it's not easy finding the pictures I took at Shakespeare County last year.

I'm sure someone has a copy?

t5_monkey
Monday 8th March 2010, 09:29
Hey - congratulations on deciding to join the dark side and tune your car!

I've spent about 4K modifying my car as a first project (learnt a lot from it). I just went for power power power initially, but it's usually the mods which improve the 'feel' of the car I enjoy most now. If your starting out here's a list of what might be a good order to get your mods done in for maximum driving enjoyment.

IPD Rear Rollbar (makes a massive difference + cheapish)
Strut Brace (massive difference again + cheap)
Springs (Eibach or similar - every corner will feel good!)
K&N Air Intake (sounds are just as exciting as outright performance)
Remap - Rice or MTE
Custom Built Stainless Steel exhaust - 4" rolled tip (straight through pipe will sound like the spirit of Thor lives in your engine)
Lightweight Wheels (read redline this month for their summary of how much difference these make)
Tints (just cause you know you want to look a little Gangsta)
If you still want more power, 3" downpipe with sports cat (or just keep the old downpipe for MOT's and get a de-cat, will save you a fair bit of cash) new injectors, a 19T turbo and a custom remap. That's about as far as you can go without big £££

Your car even in stock is pretty quick, if it sounds awesome, looks great and feels tight to drive you'll probably enjoy that more than spending £££ on ever diminishing power gains.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th March 2010, 10:50
If you get a chance to look at Wobbly Dave's baby it will give you an idea what can be done. I'm sure there are some pics of the engine bay somewhere.

I had a computer crash on Friday evening and I'm still sorting out all the software that needs reloading, so it's not easy finding the pictures I took at Shakespeare County last year.

I'm sure someone has a copy?
I have my own Car development thread - taken from when I nearly sold her last December.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26282

b7yen
Monday 8th March 2010, 19:41
Thanks Guys, got my car fixed just need to locate a clutch pedal sensor? Apparently the car won?t be able to learn my driving style ?not that i have a style to learn mind you? left foot braking and mad as a hatter to boot. I have also ordered new headlights and a hid kit. That will make it look quicker

I can?t believe just how good this C70 is..
________
Marijuana seed (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

dominic street
Monday 8th March 2010, 20:45
hi there have you sorted youe etm problem out m8

b7yen
Monday 8th March 2010, 21:34
Yes thanks,

the car is running like a dream, mind you i have never owned one before! i did manage to overheat it on the way back from the !stealer! just filled her up with fuel so see just how bad or as i like to say just how much fun i have with it when the mpg come in.

just wondering how to tell what engine i have one dealer told me it was a euro4 T5 the other said it was a euro5 T5 not sure what this means exactly but i would like to know where im starting from.
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)