PDA

View Full Version : Clutch/gearbox problem fixed

cragmaz
Saturday 6th March 2010, 18:25
Got my T5 back on the road today, been having, what i thought was g/box syncro problems, but turned out to be a bust clutch release bearing and a ££££ed pressure plate, ironically, the actual clutch plate was ok. GRRRRRRR!

Anyway fitted an O.E. quality sachs 850R clutch kit, and refilled box with volvo synthetic gear oil, and all is ££££ on! clutch feels well nice and gearbox lovely and smooth (Phew!)

Just thought i would share that wi you all, cos i`m well chuffed!!!

Cheers
Craig

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th March 2010, 18:28
Nice one, see you at york? wanted to buy your car when you thought of selling last year.

cragmaz
Saturday 6th March 2010, 18:40
Nice one, see you at york? wanted to buy your car when you thought of selling last year.

Thanks Dude.

Ive now got that much money sunk in it, its not even worth me attempting to sell it, anyway, even if i did, i think it would be a massive mistake!

Got a mate who is always drooling over it, and he has hinted of swapping me for his 54reg A3 TDI, which is very nice, but i know i would regret it, she is mine forever!!!

Craig

cragmaz
Saturday 6th March 2010, 18:41

your car looks well!!

Like the dark wheels, looks evil!

C.

p fandango
Saturday 6th March 2010, 18:59
nice that it wasn't as bad as it could of been.

I've always been a bit wary about this beating the syncro thing, as far as i know (which aint much mechanically) everything in the geabox is mechanical, so almost impossible to have quicker reactions/movement than the mechanical linkage & gear swopping

cragmaz
Saturday 6th March 2010, 19:12
nice that it wasn't as bad as it could of been.

I've always been a bit wary about this beating the syncro thing, as far as i know (which aint much mechanically) everything in the geabox is mechanical, so almost impossible to have quicker reactions/movement than the mechanical linkage & gear swopping

I know, Phew!

Wot you on about anyway, not knowing much mechanically!. your the man!

C.

p fandango
Saturday 6th March 2010, 19:17
Wot you on about anyway, not knowing much mechanically!. your the man!
using an angle grinder isn't very mechanical mate lol. Imagine the look on peoples faces as the AA man pulls out a grinder out of his van & says "don't worry, we fix 99% of breakdowns at the roadside" lmao

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th March 2010, 19:20
Thanks Dude.

Ive now got that much money sunk in it, its not even worth me attempting to sell it, anyway, even if i did, i think it would be a massive mistake!

Got a mate who is always drooling over it, and he has hinted of swapping me for his 54reg A3 TDI, which is very nice, but i know i would regret it, she is mine forever!!!

Craig

I know what you mean mate, now mines a manual with a different engine and all the other bits and £££'s spent im never going to sell.

Volvostorm
Saturday 6th March 2010, 20:16
That's great news, I have the same problem on my 24v sierra cossie, the clutch on that squeals like a pig and can be be very stubborn to get in gear

cragmaz
Sunday 7th March 2010, 12:49
That's great news, I have the same problem on my 24v sierra cossie, the clutch on that squeals like a pig and can be be very stubborn to get in gear

24v cossie paul (??)

C.

Volvostorm
Sunday 7th March 2010, 19:00
Yeah, I am known by that name :redface:

Which forum have you seen me on?