PDA

View Full Version : anyone got any front tires I`ve warn mine out

thesoundcriminal
Monday 1st March 2010, 17:35
Man, where is the traction control I`m not sure if I will chip mine because it goes very well as it is, and with no traction control I guess I`m going to spin up half the extra HP.

Chery had a boost controller fitted and it seems to work well. I just need a small lorry load of front tires and a large lorry of petrol, oh and a plastic surgeon to remove the big grin on my face.

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 3rd March 2010, 17:46
seriously I think some rear brake calipers would be handy. Where is the best place to buy them from. G&S&F ? or is it easy to get a second hand pair. I was also thinking about pollybushing front suspension strut lower mounts.

volvoboyt5
Wednesday 3rd March 2010, 23:21
i rang up g,s,f in exeter and some spotty tike told me they dont do spares for volvo,s.. only for cars that come from germany , france or SWEDEN !! . then he proceeded to put the phone down on me!!! .. ha , the youth of today ..

i dunno how good you are with spanners but its a fairly easy job to re,con your existing callipers .. any that you buy from a motorfactors will be very expensive .. and if you buy some from the scrappers , who,s to kno they are not as ruined as the ones you are rolling with now .. dunno where you are in devon but if you are pretty local i could point you in the rite direction ..

cheers

volvoboyt5
Wednesday 3rd March 2010, 23:29
and ive got some part worn tyres ...

thesoundcriminal
Thursday 4th March 2010, 17:36
well I am just about as far away in Devon as we could get I`m in Noss Mayo just north of Plymouth. GSF are pants but local to me. Is there a how to to do the barake calapers, Thanks