PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 Dump Valve Proplem ??

beauford
Monday 1st March 2010, 16:37
Hello,

Right then fitted a Bailey dump valve and have notice a bit of oil has been coming out of it any ideas lads ??

Colin850
Monday 1st March 2010, 16:57
Have you checked your PCV to see if thats blocked?
The breather system vents back into the air intake so if its blocked then it will be letting oil in through there.
With the engine running pull out your dipstick and check for smoke coming out.

beauford
Monday 1st March 2010, 17:05
Ya thought it might be that as i am getting a bit of oil out of top of the dip stick as well !!

Colin850
Monday 1st March 2010, 17:09
Well it does sound like the pcv could be blocked then.
Contact Rufe on here as he does a good deal on the whole kit, i think mine was around £70 delivered. Not too much of a bad job to do either.

beauford
Monday 1st March 2010, 17:14
nice one ! i might flush the intercooler out aswell at the same time

Colin850
Monday 1st March 2010, 17:22
I've just replaced my turbo and other bits and thought about flushing the intercooler as well but changed my mind as looks like a right pain in the ass to get out and i didn't think there was much point doing it whilst still on the car.
I'm now saving for an alloy one

beauford
Monday 1st March 2010, 18:48
Ya would like an alloy one ! what sort of money are they ? my car stands me about £2,300 at the mo booked in for cambelt on thursday and oil change then buy some koni front struts in a week or two done the back last week !

I have set a max upgrade price at a grand and have spent £350 all ready .

dont really wont more than 3 grand in her

pigfight
Monday 1st March 2010, 20:28
just a word of warning folks, if your rads arent leaking, and theyve held up well to the recent cold snap!! then, i would advise against flushing them. did mine just before winter, flushed with plenty of water and filled with fresh antifreeze and water only for my rad to turn into a sieve!! (im guessing a previous owner put some kind of radweld in there, only for me to flush it out!!)
anyways, i was advised to get a nissens alloy rad, which i did, and i have to say its fantastic (about half the weight of the origonal aswell). not cheap though, around £160 - £170 iirc.