PDA

View Full Version : Another manual conversion??

cherry1809
Sunday 28th February 2010, 17:29
Currently saving/on the look out for an 850R, But it's quite hard finding the right one in manual. Would improve my choices if I could include autos in the search.
Can anyone list me what I'll need to swap in a 6 speed?
I know some/most will say it doesn't work with the engine as well as a 5 speed, But it's what I want :haha:
Also, As I'll need to change the flywheel, Clutch etc. Is there anywhere that'll supply lightweight versions?

Jamest5r
Sunday 28th February 2010, 17:35
Buy a manual mate trust me...lol

p fandango
Sunday 28th February 2010, 17:52
the M66 will fit but the gear ratio for 6th in the same as 5th on the M56 so not really gaining anything, i had one but only because i won it for £50. You'll need a S60R or Crocus St clutch as they have different splines

bonelorry
Sunday 28th February 2010, 18:09

:stupid:

I looked on and off for about 1 year for an 850R manual, Ended up buying an S70R manual instead as i just couldnt find decent enough 850.

cherry1809
Wednesday 3rd March 2010, 09:31

I will if I find one, If not I'll convert an auto.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 3rd March 2010, 10:01
The M66 gearboxes need different mountings and different driveshafts I think, and I think they have a different gearchange link so you'd have to fabricate something to make it work.

A guy on VS did one on an AWD. See the thread here
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php/topic/91903-m66-awd-in-98-v70-awd-xc/

And check out what he does to his gear lever!

cherry1809
Thursday 4th March 2010, 10:17
Cheers bud. :B_thumb:
That's what I'm after, As much info as I can get before I start buying bits.

smithy
Thursday 4th March 2010, 11:09
Cheers bud. :B_thumb:
That's what I'm after, As much info as I can get before I start buying bits.

get a m59 box and enjoy the conversion james luved doing it .and he said its the best thing he has ever done and would do it again .he is the best 1 to get intouch with he is very knowledgeable with this conversion mate.

Jamest5r
Thursday 4th March 2010, 17:23
This is the best guide mate, i learn't a lot from it, also the best tip is to buy a donor car then you have everything you need. Good Luck its only nuts and bolts at the end of the day.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=71880

smithy
Thursday 4th March 2010, 20:36
This is the best guide mate, i learn't a lot from it, also the best tip is to buy a donor car then you have everything you need. Good Luck its only nuts and bolts at the end of the day.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=71880

you are the 1 to ask mate because you did a complete swop over eventhough dowby was a great help with the wiring info .but remember your the MAN lol

Jamest5r
Thursday 4th March 2010, 20:39
Your going to get a slap smithy :troutslap lol

smithy
Thursday 4th March 2010, 20:40
your going to get a slap smithy :troutslap lol

lol