PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light

TenaciousC
Saturday 27th February 2010, 17:40
Hi All,

In an effort to replace a dash bulb I took the top facia panel off the dash this afternoon.

I reconnected the battery to test the lamps... but the airbag was still disconnected and now I have red SRS light on all the time (after airbag reconnected).

I read elsewhere that this needs to be reset via ODBII socket and I have a Draper service reset tool. The tool's instructions only mention V70 in terms of airbag reset though. I tried it configured for this (but no joy).

The tool works for resetting service light fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

C

Missing Lincs
Saturday 27th February 2010, 20:59
I would think that the 850 is similar to my V70, the SRS system isn't part of OBDII, you need a tool that also reads and resets the Volvo specific SRS codes. I use an Autel Maxidiag EU702. Depends how often you intend to use it whether a purchase is worth it, it might just be cheaper to go to a garage.

TenaciousC
Saturday 27th February 2010, 22:43
I have acquired some software and have ordered a ODBII > 9pin serial cable from ebay. Hopefully I should be able to read the codes and reset with that. I thought if I am going to spend £40, then better this than give it to a d(st)ealer for 2 minutes work.

Cheers

C

p fandango
Saturday 27th February 2010, 22:53
I thought if I am going to spend £40, then better this than give it to a d(st)ealer for 2 minutes work.
you'd be talking alot more than £40 to get the work done at the main stealer, i took my 850 to them with the SRS light & they wanted the car for the whole day to check the whole system out. They said they wouldn't simply reset the light

TenaciousC
Saturday 27th February 2010, 23:09
you'd be talking alot more than £40 to get the work done at the main stealer, i took my 850 to them with the SRS light & they wanted the car for the whole day to check the whole system out. They said they wouldn't simply reset the light

Then I feel even more justified in my purchase! :-)

Crazy_C
Sunday 28th February 2010, 01:18
I just left the light on, but I do have an aftermarket steering wheel on :lol:

TenaciousC
Wednesday 3rd March 2010, 19:10
Then I feel even more justified in my purchase! :-)

Especially as it worked so beautifully!

I can heartily recommend this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150418896673

gatos
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 16:57
Especially as it worked so beautifully!

I can heartily recommend this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150418896673

Does this mean you have managed to reset the SRS light?