PDA

View Full Version : One of those X Factor days.

MacXC60T5
Friday 26th February 2010, 13:37
Just one of those days, V70 T5 booked in today for the Warranty replacement HU850 unit. Arrived at Dealer also needed replacement rear wiper unit. That cost me £40 (nothings cheap with Volvo) Radio fitted at a cost (not to me) of about £680.00. Was told that I had a slow puncture in one rear tyre. Off I went to try and get it repaired. Nail found firmly bedded into side just where you can’t repair. So two new rear tyres £221.00. Now here is the X Factor bit, when I arrived home Key would not operate to lock and alarm car. Tried spare key the same thing would not lock. Garage told me to bring car down and they would sort it. Have you ever felt such a Pratt, get to Garage, get out of car and guess what both keys work!!!!! Has anybody had a similar problem, I now have a spare set of batteries but I think it could be something to do with the onboard computer, could be talking a load of 8011ocks. So far so good. CD player now working. New Rear Tyres. Touch wood Key now works locks. Any comments please do not hesitate.

Liddo
Friday 26th February 2010, 13:56
Ive had a similar problem with my S60 AND other cars aswell. I wreckon "something" is blocking the transmiter signal. A few weeks ago, my alarm kept going off for no reason, but ONLY when the car was on my drive. With all this Wifi stuff going around, and transmiters for phones n stuff, i wreckon it these gadgets that are messing with the car signals.

Also, when i park at the local baths, it right next to a building with a MASSIVE mast on the top with loads of dishes and phone masts on it, and i cant use my remote there either :confused:

p fandango
Friday 26th February 2010, 14:59
over the last week Bonny has refused to lock from the fob several times, but its only happened outside the house

princepugh
Friday 26th February 2010, 15:09
There was a similar problem with some motorcycle immobilisers locking out the ignition when near a certain type of transmitter. From memory, people were calling their breakdown service only to find the thing worked a bit further down the road. Think that was quite a few years back though.

http://www.emcuk.co.uk/awareness/Pages/InterferenceExamples/RadioSusceptibility.htm

Flash B
Friday 26th February 2010, 15:17
I only have problems with the remote locks when I park next to my house (in range of the WiFi hub).
Only when I was reading 'Liddo's' comment did I relaise this must be the reason.

I've never had any lock problems away from the house at all.

Thanks - I was wondering what was going on.

p fandango
Friday 26th February 2010, 15:51
i've just been out & moved Bonny, my dad had blocked the drive so had to leave her on the road. Went out & the fob still didn't work, unlocked her with the key moved her onto the drive & the fob worked then & locked the doors

MacXC60T5
Friday 26th February 2010, 17:15
Just had a quick word with a radio ham friend of mine who says " you think you have problems" WiFi is causing many problems all over the place. Not sure in my case what the problem is. Her indoors went out just and it still works. Hears a thought. If you leave the handbrake off will the alarm still work. sounds a bit daft. may try it. With the weather the way it is so wet have you ever had the handbrake lock on. I remember with one of my T5 I parked at Gatwick for two weeks and it was locked on when i got back. Big crack when I started be it but then it released. Can't be a big thing or can it.
Started leaving the handbrake off and in gear. I understand it is illegal to do it.