PDA

View Full Version : frustration

degb
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:09
please can someone tell me how to open the petrol lid on my 850 t5r estate have looked in manual but the description there bears no little resemblance to what i see in the car HELP

Vikingxl
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:16
Is this a trick question or am i missing something?

Andy G
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:24
its a simple affair isn't it? On my estate when it happened many moons ago all I did was remove the side cover (on that side) and pulled the hook that in turn opened the flap.

degb
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:28
have looked at covers ,how do i get them off without breaking something

danny-R
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:32
hi and welcome, any pics mate?
with out sounding stupid here, if you can't open your petrol flap then it seems it's locked closed somehow. it should lock/unlock with the central locking surely??

degb
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:47
thanks for your reply the central locking works except for the petrol cap lid have tryed to get behind from inside but whole area seams to be one part , strugeling thanks for leaving out the sarcasm

degb
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:48
me thinks motor may have died

danny-R
Thursday 25th February 2010, 11:51
i'm not sure really i've never had it happen to me(touch wood), hopefully someone who has will be along shortly to help out.
and don't forget them pics lol

danny

degb
Thursday 25th February 2010, 12:27
am having trouble gaining access to hook that opens petrol flap can anyone give me help with this

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 25th February 2010, 13:04
This may sound stupid, but have you taken the keys out of the ignition? Then try and open it.

If still no go then it could be the solenoid that's died.

p fandango
Thursday 25th February 2010, 15:35
if the motor for the locking flap has gone there is a manual pull on the inside of the boot. Open the boot & there should be a flap cut into the interior trim which you open to find a metal ring which is linked to the flap locking mechanism

850 2.5 10v
Thursday 25th February 2010, 15:52
You need to pull of the carpeted panel.

Give it a good tug it won't break if you go carefully reach in pull the toggle.

Easy!

(I have done this once or twice)

nick
Thursday 25th February 2010, 16:18
as above, you need to remove the rhs section of carpet on the boot floor first to to get to the rotary catch hidden underneath to release the vertical flap behind the rear lights (if that makes sense - its obvious when you look at it)

i put a tie-wrap around the wire loop and passed the end through the gap in between the panels - now no need to dismantle anything if it happens again

i also worked the locking plunger in and out a few times with a pair of small needle nosed pliers and added a drop or two of oil to keep the whole thing working smoothly.

the other option is to remove the whole locking mechanism complete with solenoid and either service or replace it

mine just needed a bit of TLC

nick

Vikingxl
Thursday 25th February 2010, 16:24
Now that its been explained that the usual release isnt working the question makes a little more sense and im with all them above rip the interior panel out and have a look

Eddy T
Thursday 25th February 2010, 20:37
I had this happen once and all that was needed was a quick sharp clout/tap on the fuel filler flap and then unlock via the keyfob again and since then all has been well. For some reason the locking finger can get stuck and needs a little shock to release. As said anything is worth a try.