PDA

View Full Version : V50 alloys on a V70 P2

Flash B
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 21:20
I've just moved this from the 'Technincal' forum onto here as it seems to get more hits:

Anyone know if you can fit alloys from a 2004 V50 onto a 2003 V70?
Both 17" wheels and 5 stud.
Has this ever been done or is the offset (or anything else) preventing it??

I suspect it's a NO, but it would be nice if they did fit. (V50 alloys seem cheaper!)

Are the majority of Volvo alloys interchangeable?

I'm having wheel dilemmas

t5_monkey
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 22:00
I've just moved this from the 'Technincal' forum onto here as it seems to get more hits:

Anyone know if you can fit alloys from a 2004 V50 onto a 2003 V70?
Both 17" wheels and 5 stud.
Has this ever been done or is the offset (or anything else) preventing it??

I suspect it's a NO, but it would be nice if they did fit. (V50 alloys seem cheaper!)

Are the majority of Volvo alloys interchangeable?

I'm having wheel dilemmas

I'm not 100% on this but i believe:

you need hub ring adapters for the V70 wheels to fit the V50 (64.something to 63.something)

There seems to be a bit of a split opinion on whether the adapters are OK and a good thing or not... Good fitting and a check up after 50 miles recommended apparently.

This would indicate you CANT fit V50 wheels onto a V70 due to the hubs being smaller (unless you get them rebored or something?)

thebadger
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 22:23
^
Agreed, the center of the hubs on the V50's are IIRC smaller than on a S60/V70/S80.

You *might* be able to get them rebored, but this would easily add more on to the costs involved (remember you'll need the tyres off & refit & balanced again too!) it will easily cost more than a set of S60 wheels.

Maths is a bugger!

Flash B
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 23:01
Bugger!!!
Why make things so difficult?
I guess I'll have to keep on looking... I need to change the currrent Amaltheas - which I don't like - for somthing nicer (without telling the long haired General)

thebadger
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 23:30
If you search ebay for Volvo alloys then you may see some cheaper early V70 or C70 wheels.

Takes time & patience. There are full sets selling for around the £250 mark.