PDA

View Full Version : Let's steal my car!

pzorb
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 02:43
Let's steal my car... before the b*gger with my keys does!

I've got the spare key at home (a trek away), and the guy has my fob too. I'm assuming that when I unlock the car with the 2nd key my alarm will go off (it was locked with the fob), what should I do to get it to shut up and let me drive it? A Volvo 850 T5.

Please reply quick - if it's not moved in 24 hours it will start to amass parking fines!!

Thanks guys, I'd be lost (via walking/cycling/public transport) without you!

Martin

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 03:29
Unlock car with spare key
Alarm goes off
undo bonnet catch
with a 10mm spanner/socket quickly detach negative lead from battery - alarm will stop.
pull central locking fuse from the bank of fuses under the windscreen (drivers side) - I have a feeling it is fuse 14, but it will tell you inside the lid of the fuse box
Reconnect battery.
Drive home - the induction ring in the key should still allow you to start the car, as it will be immobilised.

This happened to me when my batteries went flat in the fob, after I locked it!!@+*&&$%!!

Dont ask why I am still up at this ungodly hour - Sunburn is keeping me awake!

When you get home - reprogram the fob
You will have to put the CL fuse back in and the alarm will go off again - but you can disconnect the power leads to the horns first, temporarily, which will make the process quieter.
Reprogram fob by rotating the key into pos II 5 times and on the fifth time leave it there and press down and hold the button on the fob until you see the winkers flash on the dash.
Reconnect everything and check it.

BTW which "guy" has your keys?

Trudge
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 20:01
Cheers for that Tomcat. Yes sorry I should have posted that the car is a 1998 V70.

If I bought a secondhand spare fob would that method work for programming the fob to work with the car or would that have to be done "professionally"?

Vikingxl
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 23:17
Cheers for that Tomcat. Yes sorry I should have posted that the car is a 1998 V70.

If I bought a secondhand spare fob would that method work for programming the fob to work with the car or would that have to be done "professionally"?

I get the feeling this post shouldnt be here lol