PDA

View Full Version : engine management light

deepblue
Monday 22nd February 2010, 18:18
hi all

my mechanic has done alot of work today on my 2003 t5 and during this we started the car with one of the leads not connected to one of the plugs properly so the car ran poo and the above light came on

we put the lead on properly and it runs superb now, however we dont know how to reset the light or will it go off by itself?

ta

t5 stealth
Monday 22nd February 2010, 18:46
you will have to plug it into a diagnostics system to clear the fault from the ecu before the light goes off,

deepblue
Monday 22nd February 2010, 18:47
ahh ok many thanks

you will have to plug it into a diagnostics system to clear the fault from the ecu before the light goes off,

crespo
Monday 22nd February 2010, 19:01

If it is anything like my old Alfa it will clear after about 50 miles. Could be worth taking it for a run or a few cycles of starting and stopping before you splash out on a trip to Volvo.

t5 stealth
Monday 22nd February 2010, 19:29
If it is anything like my old Alfa it will clear after about 50 miles. Could be worth taking it for a run or a few cycles of starting and stopping before you splash out on a trip to Volvo.

might work,unusual now with later cars cos they want you to go back to main agents to pay to put lights out etc....some cars do clear themselves but most later stuff is fussy lol.

Missing Lincs
Tuesday 23rd February 2010, 14:50
I invested in an AUTEL MAXIDIAG EU702. Quite a bit of money but still way cheaper than visits to a dealership. It reads and resets engine codes plus other model specific codes for SRS and auto gearbox. The extra stuff doesn't work with all models, check www.auteltech.com for more information. Used it two or three times now, a couple of times when I knew I was going to generate a fault code by disconnecting things and also for an oxygen sensor fault and repair.