PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about an XC70 Cross Country

The Flying Banana
Sunday 21st February 2010, 10:55
Thinking about one of these cross country beasts, seen only a few now and then, anyone had one/ got one? What they like, would like a green one, black leather, all the toys, automatic etc what kind of cash would be in one of them

HammyUK
Sunday 21st February 2010, 12:15
Just had to send mine back - its at Sterling Cars in Reading and it'll be VERY cheap.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/carswithnoreserve/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
They are going for daft money - anywhere from £2K - TO £5K plus for 01/02.
03/04 will need £6-8k for even a reasonable one - and they are as thirsty as a T5/R

The Flying Banana
Sunday 21st February 2010, 15:33
Was yours the newer shape one ? Its the older shape version i want like this one. Thisty doesnt bother me , no stranger to low mpg lol

HammyUK
Sunday 21st February 2010, 16:07
P2 2001.
Not seen many of the older ones - there were couple on Ebay recently.

abdul
Sunday 21st February 2010, 16:37
they are expensive

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 21st February 2010, 18:59
Just the V70 AWD with some beefier bumpers and a slight height adjustment. I looked out for one for my dad, but never liked the wheels that were fitted, they look awful.

AWD FTW matey!!!

Itchy_Fingers
Tuesday 9th March 2010, 16:05
Hi, I've had a 53 2.5T Petrol Manual for about 9 months now. I am very happy with it but I think if I were looking now I would still buy a XC70 but it woild be the Geartronic Diesel. I bought mine via ebay, at first the price went haywire and out of my range, then the price was reset. The seller said that someone backed out due to him loosing his job. I paid £7500 and drove £2500 to collect it. (I have bought 4 cars via ebay and every seller has said try it before you pay for it - in other words if I didn't like it rthey would not force the sale through. The other 3 were VW Golfs).

The XC70 gave 35mpg on a long motorway run, 29mpg locally and only 23mpg locally during the cold Winter months.