PDA

View Full Version : Essex Meet

Straker
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:22
Evening

Just been taling to Splat and Siam blue (don't know real names sorry) and there has been mention of an Essex meet.

The halfway house on the A127 was suggested as a good venue and it definately works for me.

As for times Wednesday's are uasually best but quite frankly I'm unpopular :slap: so I can pretty much make any night of the week.

Can do this week no worries but next week is trickey as I'm Going to a gig then away on Business.

If anyone fancies it then my e-mail in on my profile or I'll check in here tomorrow.

It would be good to meet some of you I have been talking to and talk Volvo's of course. You never know I might even buy a round.

Let me know.

Cheers :B_steerin

Andrew
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:26
Got a postcode so I can see where the hell this is :)

Andrew
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:31
Got a postcode so I can see where the hell this is :)

ok found it - 1hr 22mins apparently - so possible - I may be able to do this Wednesday if I'm nice to the wife :)

Straker
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:47
ok found it - 1hr 22mins apparently - so possible - I may be able to do this Wednesday if I'm nice to the wife :)

Blimey dead keen. Works for me. It's only 10 minutes away from mine so timing is totally up to you.

Anyone else?

siamblue
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:52
Hi Ya, Wednesdays fine by me too, Car won't have my new addition on it yet, Unless i go for broke with the painting tomorrow lol,

Gary,

Straker
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:54
What about Splat, he sounded keen earlier? :B_blite:

Andrew
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:58
Actually can someone just confirm the full address - seems there are many places with "halfway house" including a pub in Southend....

want to make sure if I'm doing a journey like that I come the right way. Once confirmed I'll go check the diary to confirm.

Straker
Monday 20th June 2005, 22:14
I don't know the pub postcode but this is definately it.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=563000&Y=189500&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=10000&out.x=5&out.y=8

If the link doesn't work then go to junction 29 on the M25 and head onto the A127 for Southend. After about 5 minutes you will come to a junction where the 127 meets the 128. Come off at that junction (you will see the pub as you drive past) and head left towards Brentwood. About 100m after the roundabout take the first turning left and double back on yourself. At the end of this track is the pub carpark.

splatt
Monday 20th June 2005, 22:45
Im game...This Wednesday is good.
..got not a lot planned so lets do it!
After 8 though..

siamblue
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 01:05
8 Is fine by me, It is only 23 miles from me, Anyone got Bracers number?

Gary

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 12:35
8 works fine for me as well.

Are we on then, so far I count 4 including myself.

siamblue
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 15:23
8 works fine for me as well.

Are we on then, so far I count 4 including myself.

Count me in 8pm it is,

Gary

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 16:59
Count me in 8pm it is,

Gary

I still need to confirm. Just waiting for the wife to return to discuss with her. I forget when she's off out so just ask on the day :)

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 17:52
I can be there at 8pm no probs.

Those who have been there before I suggest we meet in the top bar. Whoever gets there first try and grab a table nearest to the door then we can keep an eye out for each other.

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 17:55

Those who have been there before I suggest we meet in the top bar. Whoever gets there first try and grab a table nearest to the door then we can keep an eye out for each other.

Sorry chaps - can't make this the wifey is out tomorrow and our normal babysitter can't do tomorrow. If you make this a regular thing however please keep me in touch (a little futher north would be nice ;) I'd like to come along to more of these semi-local meets.

Andrew.

dicky b t5
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:26

Straker would have made it if i could but to shorter notice , gotter finish a roof for a friend of mine , ill be working to about 8 ,but post up when you goner do the next one , cheers mate Dicky b t5.

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:29
Straker would have made it if i could but to shorter notice , gotter finish a roof for a friend of mine , ill be working to about 8 ,but post up when you goner do the next one , cheers mate Dicky b t5.

How about somewhere around stanstead way next time ? About half way from us cambs/suffolk folk to the Essex bods ??

Andrew.

Kent Canary
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:32
I might be up for this, Ill see what kind of day I have tomorrow.

siamblue
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:57
KC Fingers crossed it will be great to meet you,
I can do other meets in Essex or surrounding counties, But i only have 18 days left in this country,
Just acclimatizing for Thailand now with this lovely weather :)

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:04
Stanstead way works for me, perhaps Braintree although I don't know it myself.

KC it would be good to see you tomorrow if you can get down. :B_steerin

dicky b t5
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:07
How about somewhere around stanstead way next time ? About half way from us cambs/suffolk folk to the Essex bods ??

Andrew.
Yeh , not bad idea i can do Stansted in about 40 mins from mine , nice drive through the country side to...!

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:10
Tell me is there a secret handshake tomorrow ? how does one Volvo nut spot another given T5s don't always come with the flat cap and walking stick ?

:)

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:17
I was going to ask the same thing, do we all have to wear a dog lead in the top pocket or somehting like that? :slap:

dicky b t5
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:21
Tell me is there a secret handshake tomorrow ? how does one Volvo nut spot another given T5s don't always come with the flat cap and walking stick ?

:)
Best bet is , Just wear i photo of your car , dont know the faces but im sure we'd know the T5,s.....! :haha:

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:21
I was going to ask the same thing, do we all have to wear a dog lead in the top pocket or somehting like that? :slap:

How about just all be in the car park from 8-8.15 with drinks in hand :)

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:23
How about just all be in the car park from 8-8.15 with drinks in hand :)

I like your thinking, it sounds to me like you have changed your mind. Can we expect to see you tomorrow?

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:33
I like your thinking, it sounds to me like you have changed your mind. Can we expect to see you tomorrow?

I'm working on a plan B
seeing if I can get hold of another babysitter. If I can I'll confirm and be there obviously :)

Straker
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:35
I'm working on a plan B
seeing if I can get hold of another babysitter. If I can I'll confirm and be there obviously :)

Sweet, here's to plan B :B_steerin

k690bpp
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 22:49
is this the postcode for the place CM13 3LL ??? hope so its only 13 miles away.

i might be able to make it but are r's welcome or is it a t5 meet only???

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 22:53
More than welcome - and if not come anyway - I'm trying to get there in my R.

Straker
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 09:33
Yes the postcode is correct, see my basic directions further up the thread.

is this the postcode for the place CM13 3LL ??? hope so its only 13 miles away.

i might be able to make it but are r's welcome or is it a t5 meet only???

Straker
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 14:25
I was thinking for those of you who haven't been to the pub there is a small beer garden that overlooks the carparck. As it's such a nice evening it's probably best to meet out there then we can all keep an eye out for the Volvo drivers. Especially usefull for :B_newbie: 's like me.

See you later.

siamblue
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 15:46
I was thinking for those of you who haven't been to the pub there is a small beer garden that overlooks the carparck. As it's such a nice evening it's probably best to meet out there then we can all keep an eye out for the Volvo drivers. Especially usefull for :B_newbie: 's like me.

See you later.

Unless the Scooby oc are there, I know one of the FOC goes there too,

Andrew
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 15:55
OK think I should be there if my plan comes off :)

Anymore travelling down the M11 ?

siamblue
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 17:58
OK think I should be there if my plan comes off :)

Anymore travelling down the M11 ?

Sorry mate i am travelling up the A12, Then onto the A127, Leaving Ilford at 7.30 pm :) Missus just said i will be there for 7pm then lol.

splatt
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 23:01
Good to put names to faces..Nice turn out at short notice... :)

Andrew
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 23:25
Good to put names to faces..Nice turn out at short notice... :)

Indeed 6 with 48 hours notice was a bonus. Well done all!

Nice to meet all of you - happy to converse. Hope the non-RICA lads enjoyed their ride and will put it on their list of TODOs :)

Having seen Garys HIDs I want I want I want and perhaps some 302s aswell.

Looking forward to the next one - same time different place next month ? :)

Andrew.

siamblue
Thursday 23rd June 2005, 09:28
Hi Lads had a great time, Nice to meet you all, Some really nice cars there, Lots of R's all green lol, I only travelled 35 miles all night on 2 gallons of fuel not bad lol,
I love your interior Andy very nice car all round except for those H7 parking lights :haha:

Afraid can't do next month, But in the future mark me down for them,
I had a nice couple of blips on the way home, Porsche Boxter convertable, My 5 pot must have sounded loud to him as he back off and pulled in at the top of 2nd gear,So i just launched it and left him lol,
Then a CBR 600 RR that was fun he bottled it when he could see me catching him up, So we had a few 60kph accelerations and he gave me the thumbs up,
I think he was surprised how quick this car is in second gear onwards.

See you all in September for sure.

Gary.

Straker
Thursday 23rd June 2005, 17:00
As said good to put names to faces and definately enjoyed the RICA'ed cars.

As a Newbie I am feeling much more at home now and I say roll on the next meet but at a more accessable location to all.

Cheers

Kent Canary
Thursday 23rd June 2005, 18:05
Good to meet you all! Look forward to next time!