PDA

View Full Version : Finally turned my mother to the Volvo side!!!

volvoturboman
Friday 19th February 2010, 22:58
I have been trying to get my mother into a Volvo for a few years now but she has always wanted a C70 cabrio but her budget would never quite go that far. She loved driving my V70 so I found a nice 850 2.5 20v auto estate for really cheap money. She loved the 850 but during the test drive we found a 99 V70 diesel at an unbelievable price. Thing is she couldn't make a decision so bought both. She got both for a steel less than half there worth!!!! Just curious to find out a bit of info on the 2.5 TDI engine, I know its VW but whats mpg and so on? What differences apart fom the obvious are there between the 10v (mine) and 20V (the 850) as the 850 even being auto compared to my manual is doing over 3mpg more.

Al115
Friday 19th February 2010, 23:52
10v engine sh*t, 20v engine good - to put it simply!

Not to diss yours but they are quite different.

volvoturboman
Tuesday 23rd February 2010, 22:31
Well she sold on the 850 for a good profit, could only happen to her!!! Surprisngly enough though for there being a whole 30 brake of difference it had no great advantage over my "sh**e" 10v on take off from lights, in fact on the short stretch of dual carriage here it never got away just slightly nosed in front? Was returning similar mpg at 25 mine and 26 the 20v. So all in all I'm hard pushed to find the difference, the main difference I noticed was that my car was much much smoother although that could be the 850 V70 difference.

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 12:02
10v is a bit sharper low down runs outta breath quicker and the 20v comes in full beans from about 4 th rpm on this is my take on it but had a mojor fall out with the 10 valve engine which resulted in me breaking an s70,,,,,lol never again,,,

volvoturboman
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 23:20
10v is a bit sharper low down runs outta breath quicker and the 20v comes in full beans from about 4 th rpm on this is my take on it but had a mojor fall out with the 10 valve engine which resulted in me breaking an s70,,,,,lol never again,,,

O' right lol. Well truely its given me no bother although yeah I'd give anything to be backin a T5. But hey you breaking yours worked out well for me as I can now see better, lights were like new!!!