PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Daventry 23rd Sept - THE LIST!

Andrew
Monday 20th June 2005, 18:52
This is the final list - confirmed unless marked otherwise - no last minute drop outs ;)

1. Matt30462
2. ChrisKay
3. Justin
4. Tomcat
5. Siamblue +1
7. DaveS70R (possibly)
8. Mulletboy2 (possibly)
9. Splatt +1
11. Wobbly Dave
12. MattV70 +1
14. VikingT5 +1
16. Moppy
17. Waxworks
18. Gibbo
19. JudgeNinja
20. Redbrick
21. RS_Andy +2
24. BrightonBreezy
25. Goof
26. SaffronC70
27. Andy I
28. t5owner
29. debug + 1
31. TangoDeltaSierra3

32. COL272727
33. jslewis5998 + 1

Anyone else?

----Latest email from Volvo----
Hi Matt

Hope you've had a good summer and enjoyed your holidays.

Time we discussed again the visit to the Volvo Training Centre at Daventry on September 23rd.

Can I ask that you confirm the visit on your website and let me know definite numbers by 7th September? I go on holiday on 9th, back on 19th, and want to be able to let Daventry know numbers before I go.

As previously discussed, we suggest you arrange for your group to arrive around 2pm, have tea/coffee in the showroom, an introduction from the training manager, demonstration of the diagnostic system VIDA, show around the cut away car and airbag demo, statistics on the T5 engine and a run down on the R range, DSTC and 4C Chassis, before a Q&A session.

I would have to stress that the staff at Daventry are technical experts but NOT the people who design and develop Volvo cars - they are all in Sweden at the factory. It would be of great help if you could ask for questions in advance, then we can contact Sweden about anything outside our scope before you arrive.

I have attached a location map for the Training Centre. Please note it is location B on the map.
-----End of Email-----

Address: Volvo Car UK ltd, Training & Development Centre, Prospect Way, Royal Oak Industrial Estate, Daventry - Northants, NN1 5QN. Building B on the map which can be found at: http://www.cardwell.co.uk/volvo-map.pdf

-----------------Very Latest Email--------------------
Hi Matt
I look forward to receiving final numbers from you by 7th September then. It's not that we will refuse any late requests to attend after that, it is so the training centre can tailor the event to the numbers and work out how many groups they will need to split you into and the number of staff/cars required. We can still be flexible plus or minus a couple of people.
It would really help us a lot if we could get questions in advance. We are keen this doesn't turn into a 'why doesn't Volvo do a .....' type session as it's likely we couldn't answer those. Do you think most of the questions will be mechanical? In what way? I don't think any of our guys will laugh - strikes me they are more worried they won't know the answers and that you will show them up!
I look forward to meeting you and Wobbly Dave.
Regards
Lesley
---------------END OF EMAIL--------------------------

PRE VOLVO LUNCH
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4521

Vikingxl
Monday 20th June 2005, 19:01
Im in for sure then just waiting on an email to confirm my guest as soon as i know you will.
Well done again for organising this day out should be fantastic!

Andrew
Monday 20th June 2005, 19:02
OK let me know.

Matt has done a fantastic job on pulling this one out of the bag - it should be a well attended event.

siamblue
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:36
Hi I am a definite can you put a passenger too, As Mrs Siamblue wants to tag along if that's ok?

Gary

BrightonBreezy
Monday 20th June 2005, 21:49
Andrew,
Please put me down too, mate, as a definite.

chriskay
Monday 20th June 2005, 22:53
Make me a definite.
Cheers, Chris.

Goof
Monday 20th June 2005, 23:54
I didn't get listed then???

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 01:53
23rds good for me - just one coming..

PM - sent

MattV70
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 08:30
I'm definately in Andrew.

PM sent

Martinr
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 09:01
Andrew

I'm in but waiting to confirm what time off the wife has booked as we have a holiday in September. She is off sick at the moment but should be back on Thursday 23rd. Will confirm then :)

Vikingxl
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 14:26
Have just heard from my mate he is definitely in as well so thats the two of us for sure.
Have also sent pm

Kent Canary
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 18:11
Count me in plus a mate please.

Matt30462
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:33
This is the final list - confirmed unless marked otherwise - no last minute drop outs ;)

1. Matt30462
2. Andrew
3. Kent Canary +1
5. ChrisKay
6. Justin
7. Tomcat (possibly)
8. Siamblue +1
10. DaveS70R (possibly)
11. Mulletboy2 (possibly)
12. Splatt (possibly)
12.9. Wobbly Dave (possibly)
14. MattV70
15 VikingT5 +1
17 - Moppy (possibly)
18 - Waxworks (possibly)
19 - Gibbo (possibly)
20 - MisterPeck (possibly)
21 - JudgeNinja (possibly)
22 - MartinR (possibly)
23 - Redbrick (possibly)
24 - RS_Andy (possibly)
25 - BrightonBreezy

Anyone else?

12 confirmed 13 left to confirm...

The Judge has confirmed Andrew!

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:36
The Judge has confirmed Andrew!
Updated on the main list in 2 mins :)

Matt30462
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:36
I didn't get listed then???

Poor old Goof .....can't he come?

Matt30462
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:38
Keep ya busy with this one eh! Andrew.

Andrew
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 19:42
Keep ya busy with this one eh! Andrew.

All done!

I'll begin tracking down the others for confirmations....

Goof
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 20:28
Got your PM Andrew - thanks!
Put me down as a definite.

What we doing there anyway?

rs_andy
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 21:29
I'll be there plus 2!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 00:09
Confirmed! I wouldnt miss it for the world!

splatt
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 00:27
Confirmed plus 1

gibbo
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 13:39
Yeah count me in

Gibbo

Redbrick
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 21:39
I'll be there! At last a meet not on a weekend!

Fantastic!

Martinr
Thursday 23rd June 2005, 09:22
Sadly the wife has confirmed her holidays as being the two weeks starting 12/9 so I will be in the Emerald Isle partaking of a certain black substance. Have a good day, I look forward to reading about it on here.

Bugger!!!

JUDGENINJA
Friday 24th June 2005, 00:31
:wave23d: Up and Coming events needs updating...... :wave23d:

Just a small hint :haha:

Matt30462
Friday 24th June 2005, 11:42
I will be emailing the "numbers" through tonight when I get home from work. I don't know how Volvo will work things yet, they may say we have too many already (I doubt it though), they may get the figures and allow no additions at a later date (again I doubt it), as I said I just don't know. The point being. If you are not down as a deffinate by tonight, you MAY not get in. So if your coming put yourself down. AND PLEASE, try not to cancel as it would be bloody embarrassing after all this if we only turned up with half the agreed numbers.
If they say that there is no restriction "the more the merrier" as it were, please feel free to put yourself down at a later date.

Matt30462
Monday 27th June 2005, 17:46
Contacted Lesley at Volvo over the weekend, here is the latest email.

Hi Matt
Numbers aren't really a problem as we can accommodate many more than this if necessary, but we would want to confirm numbers a fortnight before.
I have asked my colleagues in Daventry to put together a timetable to suit them and once it is confirmed I'll send you something for the website.
Kind regards
Lesley

Suffice to say, we have a final cut off of September 9th at the very latest. Probably move that a couple of days forward when the time comes.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 27th June 2005, 20:19
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: MATT

andy l
Monday 4th July 2005, 17:20
hi wots this daventry think as i live up the road i will deff see u there can u let me know wot it is lol thanks

Matt30462
Monday 4th July 2005, 17:32
hi wots this daventry think as i live up the road i will deff see u there can u let me know wot it is lol thanks
Here's the original thread Andy.

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2424

andy l
Monday 4th July 2005, 20:16
hi m8 is it poss u can add me to the dav list i live just up the road looking forward to it

t5owner
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 12:10
Add me to the list as well thanks
It will be nice to put some faces to some names

Cheers

siamblue
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 15:28
This is going to be some sight with all these T5's turning up, :)

andy l
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 15:34
there are some good roads round dav 29 plus t5 lol what a day

dicky b t5
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 19:28
Matt Please put my name down for this , I've cancelled something i had on so i can attend , this is to good to miss..! cheers mate Dicky B.

Matt30462
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 20:26

1. Matt30462
2. Andrew
3. Kent Canary +1
5. ChrisKay
6. Justin
7. Tomcat (possibly)
8. Siamblue +1
10. DaveS70R (possibly)
11. Mulletboy2 (possibly)
12. Splatt +1
14. Wobbly Dave
15. MattV70
16 VikingT5 +1
18 - Moppy
19 - Waxworks
20 - Gibbo
21 - JudgeNinja
22 - Redbrick
23 - RS_Andy +2
26 - BrightonBreezy
27 - Goof
28 - SaffronC70
29 - Andy I
30 - dicky b t5
Anyone else?

27 confirmed 3 left to confirm...

LATEST - Matt has now mailed Volvo the list and we are just awaiting their response. Once we have addresses, time for meets etc we will post here.

There you go Dicky, I am sure Andrew will put you on his official list ASAP.

dicky b t5
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 20:55
Cheers Mate..!

Andrew
Wednesday 6th July 2005, 08:20
Sorry it's been a busy couple of days - doing it now!

Andrew
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 18:31
Can the remaining couple of "possiblys" please confirm ?

Also is anyone else interested ? any of our newer members - this looks to be the meet of the year so well worth coming.

t5owner
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 10:02
Any chance of an updated list
So i can see if you got me down for it

Cheers

:riceboy:

Matt30462
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 17:42
Any chance of an updated list
So i can see if you got me down for it

Cheers

:riceboy:

The list at the start of the thread is the current upto date one. If you want adding to it just post your interest here. As Volvo need to know the numbers coming, anyone putting their names down are asked to be absolutely certain that they are coming. Anyone that is interested please say so as it's "more the merrier"

t5owner
Thursday 14th July 2005, 09:55
The list at the start of the thread is the current upto date one. If you want adding to it just post your interest here. As Volvo need to know the numbers coming, anyone putting their names down are asked to be absolutely certain that they are coming. Anyone that is interested please say so as it's "more the merrier"

ah yes silly me

Some say if i had a brain i would be dangerous
But i haven`t got one so i must be bloody deadly :doh:

Tnx m8

Andrew
Thursday 14th July 2005, 23:30
So are you coming ? want your name down ? or not ?

Andrew
Friday 29th July 2005, 17:38
Here's the original thread Andy.

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2424

We now have 33 people coming to the Volvo training facility in Daventry on 23rd September. This is only for people who are going to show and not pull out at the last minute... if your interested let Matt or I know. I think this list will close early September so Volvo have final numbers.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 11:05
Can i put my name down for this please - i just really need the time confirming - have i to be at Daventry by 2pm ? It ain't quite clear and the threads gone on that long i'm sure bits have altered.

Andrew
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 12:41
Can i put my name down for this please - i just really need the time confirming - have i to be at Daventry by 2pm ? It ain't quite clear and the threads gone on that long i'm sure bits have altered.

There is no timing yet (I've put your name down) we expect full details once the lists closes early September as I understand it.

Andrew
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:10
All - I understand this list will be closed early September so if you would like to go to Volvo Daventry - The training facility for the day on the 23rd September (time to be arranged) and you can a) get the day off work and b) can be there with no pulling out last minute then please say so and I'll add you to the list. Guests are welcome providing they meet conditions a + b too....

It should be the biggest Volvo meet of the year.

Andrew.

fraz13
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:21
A wanted to go to this meet but just booked up to go visit the folks that day :( aw well mibees nxt one

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 01:46
Andrew - FYI I'll be there....Although I'm still not 100% sure where it is...Suppose I'll try harder nearer the time....see you soon...

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 01:57
Andrew - FYI I'll be there....Although I'm still not 100% sure where it is...Suppose I'll try harder nearer the time....see you soon...

Rufe
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 15:42
i've been there many a time now lol.

hope you all have fun :D

Matt30462
Monday 22nd August 2005, 18:27
Oki-Doki,
Here we go again, Lesley has emailed me with Volvo's requests for our trip. It is all self explanetary and simple enough for a Tottenham fan to understand. Have a read, please inform us if you have had a change of mind, get your thinking caps on for some questions and polish up the old girl ready for September.
I will get the map up when I have found out how!

EMAIL BELOW
Hi Matt

Time we discussed again the visit to the Volvo Training Centre at Daventry on September 23rd.

Can I ask that you confirm the visit on your website and let me know definite numbers by 7th September? I go on holiday on 9th, back on 19th, and want to be able to let Daventry know numbers before I go.

As previously discussed, we suggest you arrange for your group to arrive around 2pm, have tea/coffee in the showroom, an introduction from the training manager, demonstration of the diagnostic system VIDA, show around the cut away car and airbag demo, statistics on the T5 engine and a run down on the R range, DSTC and 4C Chassis, before a Q&A session.

I would have to stress that the staff at Daventry are technical experts but NOT the people who design and develop Volvo cars - they are all in Sweden at the factory. It would be of great help if you could ask for questions in advance, then we can contact Sweden about anything outside our scope before you arrive.

I have attached a location map for the Training Centre. Please note it is location B on the map.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Lesley

Lesley Milne
Motivation & Events Manager
Volvo Car UK Limited
Tel +44 1628 422467
Mob +44 7889 433947

Kent Canary
Monday 22nd August 2005, 18:43
Hi mate,

Ive started my new job now which means Im now down to work that day - let me get back to you ASAP to confirm.

Cheers

KC

Matt30462
Monday 22nd August 2005, 18:51
Hi mate,

Ive started my new job now which means Im now down to work that day - let me get back to you ASAP to confirm.

Cheers

KC

AAAGGHHHHHH. What! No Budgie to poke fun at? :frown:

Kent Canary
Monday 22nd August 2005, 18:56
If I can book leave Ill be there!

Justin
Monday 22nd August 2005, 20:29
Can I ask that you confirm the visit on your website and let me know definite numbers by 7th September? I
ERM, Who's website :frown:

Matt30462
Monday 22nd August 2005, 20:39
ERM, Who's website :frown:

Think you will find he means on here and he obviously realises that only someone of extreme intelligence and fabulous good looks could run such an exciting and vibrant forum......................easy to think it was mine. :biggrin:

Justin
Monday 22nd August 2005, 21:05
ROTFLMAO, that'll be right :)

Goof
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 00:19
ROTFLMAO, that'll be right :)
Rumbled again J? ;)

COL272727
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 01:20
hi andrew, just had a message from judgeninja and hes told me to get in touch so you can put me down for the daventry event. thanks mate, Colin

COL272727
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 01:22
just had a message from judgeninja hes told me to get in touch with you so you can put me down for the daventry event, cheers mate, Colin.

Andrew
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 12:12
just had a message from judgeninja hes told me to get in touch with you so you can put me down for the daventry event, cheers mate, Colin.

Done

Matt - can you send me the map so I can put it on the front page with the list please.

I'll stick the agenda up too.

Andrew
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 18:30
Map link and full address now posted on the very first post.

Final numbers in by the 7th Sept .... if your not on the list by then your not invited :P

Come on folks this is sure to be the largest Forums meeting yet and is only a little way past the forums 1st birthday... a day with Volvo what more could you want :)

Andrew.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 26th August 2005, 00:02
I really could do with knowing what time we got to be at daventry for as i'm working & need to get an early finish planned. Someone must have an inkling bye now.

splatt
Friday 26th August 2005, 08:33
I really could do with knowing what time we got to be at daventry for as i'm working & need to get an early finish planned. Someone must have an inkling bye now.
reply 52.....knew I had seen it somewhere!!
Pat

Andrew
Friday 26th August 2005, 13:07
reply 52.....knew I had seen it somewhere!!
Pat

All the important details are held within the first ever post which is updated as and when.

Matt30462
Friday 26th August 2005, 20:39
Contact is going into overdrive now it'sgetting closer. New email for you all.
Please take note of the remarks refering to questions, to enable the Volvo staff can have as much information as possible please email or PM your questions to me and I will forward them in good time for an answer.
Email Below

Hi Matt
I look forward to receiving final numbers from you by 7th September then. It's not that we will refuse any late requests to attend after that, it is so the training centre can tailor the event to the numbers and work out how many groups they will need to split you into and the number of staff/cars required. We can still be flexible plus or minus a couple of people.
It would really help us a lot if we could get questions in advance. We are keen this doesn't turn into a 'why doesn't Volvo do a .....' type session as it's likely we couldn't answer those. Do you think most of the questions will be mechanical? In what way? I don't think any of our guys will laugh - strikes me they are more worried they won't know the answers and that you will show them up!
I look forward to meeting you and Wobbly Dave.
Regards
Lesley

I will not be drawn on how they know Wobbly Dave.........Suffice to say, they are getting themselves a stock pile of Valium for when he gets there.

Mrsmopp
Saturday 27th August 2005, 10:05
I will not be drawn on how they know Wobbly Dave.........Suffice to say, they are getting themselves a stock pile of Valium for when he gets there.

Rotflmso!!! Wobbly's reputation goes before him!!

x

Kent Canary
Saturday 27th August 2005, 11:03
Really sorry to have to miss this people but with my new work (my old work meant I had that day off due to my shift) and trying to reduce my petrol costs, Im going to have to miss out on this Im afraid.

Hope you all have a great time!

Matt30462
Sunday 28th August 2005, 11:10
Shame you can't make it KC, always nice to see you.Thanks for the early notification though. Should circumstances change, come up anyway.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 28th August 2005, 23:10
Rotflmso!!! Wobbly's reputation goes before him!!

x
Eh? What? Did I miss something?

I have a reputation. How did that happen* - LOL!

(*is there a cure?)

Mrsmopp
Monday 29th August 2005, 00:44
(*is there a cure?)

Yeah - therapy! :remybussi

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 29th August 2005, 01:03
Yeah - therapy! :remybussi

x
Sex therapy??

(I am sooooo gonna get flamed for that one!!)

Mrsmopp
Monday 29th August 2005, 11:22
Sex therapy??

You have issues in the bedroom? Perhaps thats not something you should be admitting to on a public forum hun!! LOL

x

Andrew
Monday 29th August 2005, 19:56
*HIJACKED* by the moderators no less *tsk* tsk *tsk* :P

Anyway first post updated.... Just over a week to get your name (or your guests name) on the list.

Andrew.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 01:04
Sorry!

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 01:14
So what questions can we ask...?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 01:39
So what questions can we ask...?Good Point, we need a few or we will look right dorks lol...

siamblue
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 19:58
Are they going to use lighter materials in the future to make the car lighter if so what and when?
Will they ever race again in the BTCC if they are going for the above?

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 20:04
Will they ever race again in the BTCC if they are going for the above?

I want to know that too! Bout time they got their finger out and got back out there!

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 20:49
I want to know that too! Bout time they got their finger out and got back out there!

xI think the new S40 is about the smallest car they do innit?

chriskay
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 21:57
Plans for a sports car, to follow the P1800 & the 480?

spesh
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 22:22
Don't think they would know anying about the BTCC.
Could ask if they could get a car to go faster than mine, lol. :B_steerin

Rufe
Thursday 1st September 2005, 07:29
who is meeting you there? do you know yet?

Andrew
Thursday 1st September 2005, 08:28
??

The list of who is attending is on the first post. Is thsi what you mean?

Rufe
Thursday 1st September 2005, 13:35
no sorry, i meant which person from VCUK are you meeting there, just being nosey lol

Andrew
Thursday 1st September 2005, 15:14
no sorry, i meant which person from VCUK are you meeting there, just being nosey lol

Well it's their training facility so a whole bunch of people I believe.

Andrew.

jslewis5998
Thursday 1st September 2005, 16:48
Hi guys,
I just came accross this thread regarding Sept 23. Can I add myself +1 to the evergrowing list please?
cheers

Rufe
Thursday 1st September 2005, 19:39
Well it's their training facility so a whole bunch of people I believe.

Andrew.
ok.

like i said, ive been to the daventry training centre on plenty of occasions and know a few of the trainers. thought you may have had a contact name thats all, never mind :)

Matt30462
Thursday 1st September 2005, 19:54

Main contact has been Lesley Milne, Motivation and Events Manager.

Matt30462
Thursday 1st September 2005, 20:01
Can I draw your attention to the previous email reference Questions. They do not want a "Why don't Volvo do.......?" session, as we will be talking to mechanics.
Try thinking about what you would like on, in or under your car. How can you make your car do this, that or the other? Would doing this improve that?
Over the years people have posted so many questions covering so many subjects. I am sure we can come up with some more for the Volvo bods to get their teeth into.

Matt30462
Thursday 1st September 2005, 20:03
Hi guys,
I just came accross this thread regarding Sept 23. Can I add myself +1 to the evergrowing list please?
cheers

'course you can. Andy will post you up as soon as he gets a chance.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 1st September 2005, 20:59
Can I draw your attention to the previous email reference Questions. They do not want a "Why don't Volvo do.......?" session, as we will be talking to mechanics.
Try thinking about what you would like on, in or under your car. How can you make your car do this, that or the other? Would doing this improve that?
Over the years people have posted so many questions covering so many subjects. I am sure we can come up with some more for the Volvo bods to get their teeth into.My name is Mrs Mopp, please can you tell me why a dumpvalve is no good for my car pwease!

Matt30462
Thursday 1st September 2005, 21:05
My name is Mrs Mopp, could you tell me why there is no make up mirror on the drivers side, pwease?

Justin
Thursday 1st September 2005, 23:03
:hidesbehi Uho, your soooo gonna be dead tomorrow, dam here she comes....peepo

Quick hide :tombstone :help:

Tomcat
Thursday 1st September 2005, 23:31
Oh this is gonna be good............Lol

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 2nd September 2005, 00:26
:hidesbehi Uho, your soooo gonna be dead tomorrow, dam here she comes....peepo

Quick hide :tombstone :help:Ooppz i'm off , she loves mi really lol....

chriskay
Friday 2nd September 2005, 07:25
My name is Mrs Mopp, could you tell me why there is no make up mirror on the drivers side, pwease?
Hey, Mrs. Mopp; you must have a very low spec. car. I've got one, illuminated too. If you're VERY nice to me I might let you have it. :remybussi

Andrew
Friday 2nd September 2005, 10:55
jslewis5998 + 1 added to the list.

Mrsmopp
Friday 2nd September 2005, 11:54
ROTFLMSO!! How did I get dragged into this!? (and for the record I do have a make up mirror on the drivers side so there!)

I have just one thing to say to you all :haha:

*Slinks off into a corner and feels sorry for herself for being picked on by the boys LOL*

x

MattV70
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 08:15
Andrew. Sorry it's a bit late but could I add a +1 please? My friend has only just decided that he's free that day.

Andrew
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 08:29
Andrew. Sorry it's a bit late but could I add a +1 please? My friend has only just decided that he's free that day.

Done

Matt30462
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 10:38
Numbers have been sent to Daventry. 33 confirmed and 2 possibles. This is not cast iron as they are quite happy to add to the numbers even up to the day itself, they just required some info so they know roughly how many to cater for. Indeed I notice an addition today.....well done Matt. Please try and come up with a sensible question or two, it would be a tadge embarrasing if we have a Q & A session without any Q's. If you think of a few stinkers email or PM me and I will forward them before we go so Daventry can talk to Sweden.

Kent Canary
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 19:21
Shame you can't make it KC, always nice to see you.Thanks for the early notification though. Should circumstances change, come up anyway.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate that. Im sure Ill get to catch up with you all soon.

Have a great day!

siamblue
Monday 12th September 2005, 09:55
Hi peeps, i have just recieved a letter from the hospital and i have to go in again this Friday for another op, I will try my best to go to Daventry it is only a day in hospital but i will let you know how i feel late on Friday night to reconfirm my place and weather i am fit to drive, sorry about this..

Gary

Vikingxl
Monday 12th September 2005, 11:51
Hi peeps, i have just recieved a letter from the hospital and i have to go in again this Friday for another op, I will try my best to go to Daventry it is only a day in hospital but i will let you know how i feel late on Friday night to reconfirm my place and weather i am fit to drive, sorry about this..

Gary

Good luck mate hope you can still make it!

t5owner
Monday 12th September 2005, 15:44
Yeah best wishes matey hope your well enough to attend

Cheers

stuart :remybussi

siamblue
Monday 12th September 2005, 23:35
Many thanks everyone, I hope i can make it too, been looking forward to this for months now,
luckily it is a midweek meet at Daventry and not this weekend.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 00:16
If your not up for driving..are you near anyone...? could they pick you up...?

splatt
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 08:39
I'll pick you up if u cant drive..

Vikingxl
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 08:45
Like the piccy Splatt.Siam blue im sure if it comes to it and you have to have a wheelchair we would all be willing to help out pushing you around i know i will be and i promise not to let Wobbly near it.I know what its like to keep going back for ops and i hope you are well soon mate.

siamblue
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 08:56
This is what i love about this site everyone helping each other out in a time of need, I have never experienced it in another club/forum,
My other half has always in the last 3 years wanted to get a wheel chair for me, I vowed i would never ever get in one and she certainly wouldn't be pushing me, lol.

Andrew
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 09:17
Would it help if we stick a T5 badge on it ? and the pusher makes brummm brummm sounds - come on chap - this is one not to miss if we can find a way to help you attend :)

Vikingxl
Monday 19th September 2005, 15:36
Whats the plan then are we meeting up before hand,are any smaller groups meeting up for the drive there, are we going anywhere after?

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th September 2005, 15:51
And what time do we have to be there? (Where is Daventry in relation to me btw?)

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th September 2005, 16:12
Daventry is off the M1 in the direction of Northampton (South of you)

----Last email from Volvo----
Hi Matt

-----End of Email-----

Address: Volvo Car UK ltd, Training & Development Centre, Prospect Way, Royal Oak Industrial Estate, Daventry - Northants, NN1 5QN. Building B on the map which can be found at: http://www.cardwell.co.uk/volvo-map.pdf

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th September 2005, 16:14
Spank you Wobbly - anywhere nice in Daventry that we can meet up for luncheon pre venturing to Volov?

x

t5owner
Monday 19th September 2005, 16:16
Volov?

x

Where ??????

I`m totally lost now

Stuart

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th September 2005, 16:21
Where ??????

I`m totally lost now

Stuart

:tongue: VOLVO (stupid keyboard typing the wrong letters...)

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th September 2005, 16:33
Spank you Wobbly - anywhere nice in Daventry that we can meet up for luncheon pre venturing to Volov?

x
I have booked the Friday afternoon off - so sadly I am not sure I will have time to get over there and do lunch missus. I am planning to meet you all "on site" as it were.

gibbo
Monday 19th September 2005, 18:01

x

The Mill @ Braunston is ok or The Crossroads @ Weedon may be better?
There are quite a few decent(ish) pubs for lunch etc
Or there is also a Wetherspoons pub in the town that is close to the Volvo center???????????????????????

Gibbo

Vikingxl
Monday 19th September 2005, 19:53
Im in for lunch just say where and when!

siamblue
Monday 19th September 2005, 22:32
Witherspoons would be nice the missus likes it there and they have asmoke free area too,
I will be coming along after all, My op when ok feels like someone has kicked me in the kidneys and it bloody hurt like mad, got to go back for the full blown versionin 6-8 weeks time.

splatt
Monday 19th September 2005, 22:53
Wetherspoons would be good for us too...cant stay late but can get there early ish....see you there?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 19th September 2005, 22:56
Anyone going via M1 wanna convoy down?

Vikingxl
Monday 19th September 2005, 22:57
Anyone going via M1 wanna convoy down?
Could i guess at a no from Mrs Mopp?

splatt
Monday 19th September 2005, 23:06
better clean the car I guess..... :slap:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 19th September 2005, 23:37
Could i guess at a no from Mrs Mopp?She couldn't keep up i'm afraid, any boi racers tho quite free to cruise with me at a comfortable 140, i can't finish work until 12 either so no lunch meet up, and i shall be heading hastily off for a drunken beany afterwards.

Vikingxl
Monday 19th September 2005, 23:39
She couldn't keep up i'm afraid, any boi racers tho quite free to cruise with me at a comfortable 140, i can't finish work until 12 either so no lunch meet up, and i shall be heading hastily off for a drunken beany afterwards.

Wouldn't want to be you when Moppy reads that see you there mate if you are still alive.

Siamblue glad to hear you will be well enough to make it!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 10:50
She couldn't keep up i'm afraid, any boi racers tho quite free to cruise with me at a comfortable 140, i can't finish work until 12 either so no lunch meet up, and i shall be heading hastily off for a drunken beany afterwards.

Me an every other member of your convoy you mean? :haha: Your not too good with numbers tho - you left with 8 cars and arrived with 2 and didn't think there was anything missing LMSO!!

What sort of time should we look at getting to Weatherspoons then?

x

t5owner
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 10:59
I`ll be up for a spot of lunch am setting off from notts around 11:30 ish or earlier if required as i`ve not got a clue where this place is apart from the map on page one i`d guess you guys from brum will be comin down the M6 to the M1 anyone want to RV at the nearest services to that jnc let me know which and i`ll meet you there on way down then we can convoy down and watch for the blur of tds

Cheers

stuart

gibbo
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 11:11
Me an every other member of your convoy you mean? :haha: Your not too good with numbers tho - you left with 8 cars and arrived with 2 and didn't think there was anything missing LMSO!!

What sort of time should we look at getting to Weatherspoons then?

x

If Spoons is going to be the place i'll let you know where to park as we have a new copper in the town patrolling with the traffic wardens booking everybody for anything.
This may sound silly but if you enter 1 car park in Dav then you have to wait 2 hours before you can park in one of the others without getting a ticket.
Oh yeah the only 2 plus points about parking in Dav are
1: Car crime is quiet low as all the car parks have CCTV or an equilivent
2: It's free for 2 hours.

Gibbo

dicky b t5
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:08
Just to let you all know....I can't to go to Daventry..! :cry:
Ive got to go to bl++dy work :pants: , ive told Andrew i cant make it and he's taken my name off the list , so those of you ive not meet before i look forward to meeting you in the future.
Hope you all have a great day and bring back some tasty info...!
I'll see some of you at the Essex meet. cheers DBt5.

Justin
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:16
Pah !

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 17:30
If Spoons is going to be the place i'll let you know where to park as we have a new copper in the town patrolling with the traffic wardens booking everybody for anything.
This may sound silly but if you enter 1 car park in Dav then you have to wait 2 hours before you can park in one of the others without getting a ticket.
Oh yeah the only 2 plus points about parking in Dav are
1: Car crime is quiet low as all the car parks have CCTV or an equilivent
2: It's free for 2 hours.

Gibbo

Is there anywhere thats just off the M1 Gibbo?

x

Goof
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 18:34
The Mill @ Braunston is ok or The Crossroads @ Weedon may be better?
There are quite a few decent(ish) pubs for lunch etc
Or there is also a Wetherspoons pub in the town that is close to the Volvo center???????????????????????

Gibbo
Which one? What time? Anyone got an address?

gibbo
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 21:34
Is there anywhere thats just off the M1 Gibbo?

x

Yeah there are some pubs on the way in (i guess you will be coming thru Kilsby off at J18 M1) but i have no idea what they are like to be honest.

I would have thought that cause everybody is coming from different directions it may be easier to meet in Daventry???????????????

Gibbo

gibbo
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 22:24
Which one? What time? Anyone got an address?

Right here goes,
Hopefully the attachments will work?
The Mill is on the A45 between Rugby & Daventry
The Crossroads is on the A45 & A5 crossroads at Flore off J16 M1
Spoons is in Daventry town centre

Gibbo

Goof
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 23:00
Brilliant.
Which one we going to though? :)

Matt30462
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 00:22
Gourmet delights aside, if anyone out there who has not put their name down for this event but would like to attend, stick your name in now. Dickie and KC have sadly had to drop out, Andrew is coming along with me in Olive after Tessa decided to mis-behave. Many others are apparently planning a round the nation Delia Smith Away-day. Technical questions have been slow in arriving, so I assume you all know everything or are planning to baffle the Volvo staff. See everyone at Daventry,hope you all have fun. It's been a great ride!

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 09:21
Time for Moppy to step in with her organisation skills on the food front i think.

t5owner
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 09:49
Time for Moppy to step in with her organisation skills on the food front i think.

Aye come on moppy lets have some

Justin
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 09:55
Huh, she will be asleep for a good few hours yet lol.

Wakey wakey mopster, (Uho, here she comes like a bear with a soar head)

peepo

t5owner
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 10:03

peepo

Oh yes silly me i forgot she doesn`t rise until at least 11 am :slap:

Stuart

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 12:10
Yeah yeah!! You're all just jealous cos I dont have to get up in the morning LOL

I say we do the one of the A5 & A45 - The Mill was it? I shall be heading their via the A5 - If we aim to be their for about 12 do you think?

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 13:32

peepo

You were right Justin although she was earlier than i thought.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 13:49
You were right Justin although she was earlier than i thought.

You should have taken bets :haha:

Viking what route are you taking to get there?

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 16:57
Was looking at M6,M1,A5 Moppy

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:20
Hmmmmm I have been thinking (stand back everybody) the Weatherspoons - is it relatively easy to find? And does it have a car park? If so then it may be better to meet there?

x

Justin
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:20
I'm following you then rich :)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:27
Ermmmm I think I may be being a tad blonde here but where is Volvo in Daventry? Anyone got a postcode?

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:30
Hmmmm

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:48
Viking and I have agreed to meet here http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24254 (yes I know its a hotel but they have a restuarant too - Hopefully)

Anyone want to join us? We'll be there for 12 noon!

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:50
Look at the time everybody she will be up before noon.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 17:51
Look at the time everybody she will be up before noon.

:nutkick: - need I say anymore LOL!!

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 18:38
Watch out for Benny and Miss Diane serving behind the bar!

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 18:50
*HIJACKED* by the moderators no less *tsk* tsk *tsk* :P

Anyway first post updated.... Just over a week to get your name (or your guests name) on the list.

Andrew.
My guest is now a member TTSloath

gibbo
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 19:26
Viking and I have agreed to meet here http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24254 (yes I know its a hotel but they have a restuarant too - Hopefully)

Anyone want to join us? We'll be there for 12 noon!

x

Which way would you come to get there?
The reason i ask is there are some MAJOR ROADWORKS going on surrounding Daventry.

If it is agreed that everyone meets at the Crossroads then i can always meet you all there and you can follow me to Volvo???

Gibbo

gibbo
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 19:27
Watch out for Benny and Miss Diane serving behind the bar!

PML @ vikingt5

Gibbo

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 19:43
see you there mate what can you tell us about the roadworks?

gibbo
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 19:55
see you there mate what can you tell us about the roadworks?

From brum to Weedon you would normally go M6 / M1 off @ j18 straight down the A5 thru DIRFT but on the A5 between DIRFT & WEEDON there are 6 or 7 different sets of roadworks resulting in every set using filter lanes & temp traffic lights controlled by some knob jockey labourer (no disrespect to any labourers intended(only the ones on the A5))
So i would carry on the M1 till J16 turn right thru Flore, down the hill & the Crossroads is on your left just before the lights.
Hope this helps mate

Gibbo

Vikingxl
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 19:56
Cheers mate have printed that out will be a great help

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 20:45
Oh - I was coming straight down the A5 from Lutterworth - looks like I may have to rethink that one.....

x

gibbo
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 20:59
Oh - I was coming straight down the A5 from Lutterworth - looks like I may have to rethink that one.....

x

As above moppy

Gibbo

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 21st September 2005, 21:00
As above moppy

Gibbo

Spank you muchly !

x

Andrew
Thursday 22nd September 2005, 14:51
All time constraints means I can't attend and be assured I get back in time for the kids and my turn watching them.

I am going to miss out but it's no biggy. Take lots of pics and write lots of storys on how things went and I'll see you all on the 9th for the East Anglia meet with Tessa should be back on the road.

Andrew.