PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a clown

jefword
Friday 19th February 2010, 15:22
Just gone to Wickes in S60 saloon for some 2400 x 600 polystyrene sheet. Took a knife & straight edge just in case so at least I was prepared.

Sheet would have gone in if I could have got the passenger headrest off & I recall seeing a post somewhere about hidden buttons inside the seat to release it.

Anyway I couldn't find them so I cut the sheet roughly to size & off I went.

I've just done a search about headrest removal and found out roughly where the buttons are supposed to be so I sat in back of car to have a feel for them.

Well I couldn't find them but I did spot the two release clips at the bottom which let me fold the whole backrest forwards & out of the way.

Wouldn't have been so bad but I already knew about these but somehow that info did not get retrieved from my noggin at the time.

What a clown.

On my previous cars I just undid four bolts & took the whole seat out, but I don't think the side airbag warning system would like it in the Volvo & may need an expensive dealer reset afterwards.

By the way, can anyone give me more detailed info on where the headrest release buttons are ?

princepugh
Friday 19th February 2010, 15:31
I stand to be corrected but believe the head restraints are designed not to be adjusted so I think you're into dismantling territory.