PDA

View Full Version : ecu box lid loose

nick
Thursday 18th February 2010, 20:48
one of the clips holding the lid on the ecu box has broken - what's the best way to stop the lid from flapping around ?

1. new box or just the top bit with the 2x clips ?
2. i have seen some cars with straps across the top - are these homemade bits or bought from somewhere ?

if someone has some advice / experience in fixing this it would be appreciated

cheers,

nick

p fandango
Thursday 18th February 2010, 20:58
i'd just get a new lid with the clips, actually might have mine in the garage you can have

the metal strap was added to help Volvo get Thatcham approval on the alarm system, one of the rules is the main heart of alarm system has to withstand an attack for a set time & the strap stops them from getting to it

nick
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:01
cheers for the info - i appreciate the offer of the lid

the lid on mine is OK - its the body of the box that has one broken bit of plastic that the lid clips to. does the box come in separate sections or do i need the whole thing ?

any more info on where i could get one of the metal straps from ?

thanks

p fandango
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:16
i've ditched the whole box so got whatever bit you want mate (except the strap lol), i'll sort it out & post some pics for you & you can have whatever you need for the price of postage (inless you fancy a meet, your only down the road). The box has the plastic lid, the main plastic body but its got a metal base that the ECU plugs clip into, it all seperates

not sure why you'd want to fit a strap if you haven't got one tbh, i'd just get the box sorted

nick
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:28
cheers for that. if i could get the box and lid that'd be fantastic :D:D

i'll pm you details

nick

p fandango
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:31
cheers for that. if i could get the box and lid that'd be fantastic :D:D

i'll pm you details

nick
no worries mate. I'll sort them out & send you some pics, i'm certain they weren't canabolised lol

nick
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:33
top man

p fandango
Friday 19th February 2010, 17:03
you fitted it yet lol

nice to meet you as well mate

nick
Friday 19th February 2010, 17:58
not fitted yet - it was getting dark by the time i got home. thanks again for the parts - it was nice to meet you and have a look around your car too.:D