PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh!

lance
Monday 20th June 2005, 17:35
MoJos completly sorted now with a fully stamped book a long list of new parts fortunatly no rear main oil seal needed , but the damm heater matrix went last week just to even thing out nearley!
She running like a dream now! Like a brand new T5 but old!

Miss Whiplash , well those who read my Dundee thread may have thought it to be drama free, well it was and it wasnt!
The first 250 miles were great , the last 100 miles somthing wasnt quite right, crusing around 60-75 mph on the cold stream route every now and then a little jolt would occur a bit like a miss fire, just when cruising not when accelerating!
The next day I popped the ecu out for a few mins and back in , unfortunatly later in the day I left the car ticking over with aircon on to cool down which may have not been good for learning , but never the less I drove 80 miles drama free!
Coming back on the motorway the mis- fire/ Jolt happened again and the engine management light came on and acceleration was not upto normal(limp mode) , I pulled into the services popped the ecu out and rested it for a few mins back on the road and everthing fine apart from low speed driving after high speed driving a wee miss fire would occur!
Ive also been getting a rattle from my exhaust front pipe (cat?) Ive done about 40 miles today and she started running ok for the first couple of trips and then started running lumpy around town when really warmed up with slight miss fire symptom again!
Shes booked in with DPA on friday, Im suspecting a dodgy Ht lead or plug, fingers crossed! But Im not convinced my turbos upto scratch either and Ive luckily just bought a 52k example to fit asap from Salvo!
This is my first major running issue Ive had with Miss Whiplash in 19000 miles (now 146000) so I musnt grumble really , but these thing always come close together clutch a couple of months ago, then MOJO ,and now back to mine again!
Atleast MOJOs doing fab!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 01:11
Sudden failure like that is almost certainly HT leads. I had it too. The dead give away is cracking in the bottom plastic section (the bit that slots over the plug end) and orangy, yellow discolouration of said plastic where the spark is earthing onto the head rather than through the spark. New set of leads and you'll be fine - I am sure (ish).