PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of the C70

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:14
Took the T5 out the garage for 5 mins today and snapped a few shots with my phone because I dont really have a decent one. I'll get some better pictures when the car is taxed and I can take it away from the house

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/DSC00163.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/DSC00165.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/DSC00166.jpg

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:38
Neighbours eyeing it up aswell, nice motor matey, looks well :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:42
sigh - one day I will have one of those!!

She's a looker alright and no doubt polished to perfection!

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:53
Neighbours eyeing it up aswell, nice motor matey, looks well :)

Ha thats my mum and her friend

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:57
sigh - one day I will have one of those!!

She's a looker alright and no doubt polished to perfection!

Its bloody not, I was going over the car outside with the HD cleanse before I put wax on it when I got back round to the bonnet there was dust all over it and the top of the wings I dont know what it was the only thing that took it off was clay, so its covered in marring again lol I'll get the polisher on it this weekend.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:57
Still living at home then?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:00
Its bloody not, I was going over the car outside with the HD cleanse before I put wax on it when I got back round to the bonnet there was dust all over it and the top of the wings I dont know what it was the only thing that took it off was clay, so its covered in marring again lol I'll get the polisher on it this weekend.
sounds like tree sap to me. Hate it!

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:02
Still living at home then?

Sure am I split with the girlfriend back in July so moved back home, she kept the flat and never even stays in it!!! hence why I bought a new car I wasn't under the thumb anymore :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:04
It figures!! LOL

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:04
sounds like tree sap to me. Hate it!

I dont think it was, it was solid and reminded me of cement dust or somthing, you could hear it against the paint when it was being clayed

Al115
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:06
Looks a beauty.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:06
I dont think it was, it was solid and reminded me of cement dust or somthing, you could hear it against the paint when it was being clayed
like fingernails down a blackboard. eeeuw!

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:08
Looks a beauty.

I just wish it was more up market like the V70 instead of being based on the smaller models

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:10
like fingernails down a blackboard. eeeuw!

I got exactly that feeling, almost broke a sweat!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:18
Are those Stock Calipers? They look good in red! Might get mine painted...

Nice looking car, convertible/coupe always the pick of the range I reckon.

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:24
That looks really nice i would definatly be proud to have a motor like that

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:27
Are those Stock Calipers? They look good in red! Might get mine painted...

Nice looking car, convertible/coupe always the pick of the range I reckon.

Yeah there just the stock ones, I was going to just paint them silver but had a change of heart when it came to doing it.

kyebosh
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:28
About time you cleaned it Martyn :wink:

cameron
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:28
Lovely looking car that matey :B_thumb:

Now go and get tax and get her drove already :doh:

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:29
That looks really nice i would definatly be proud to have a motor like that

Cheers pete just got to wait for this sun to start shining again, cant wait to start driving it now.

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:33
Lovely looking car that matey :B_thumb:

Now go and get tax and get her drove already :doh:

Haha I know I know, I was going to tax it on Monday I asked my friend if he thinks I should "thinking he would say dam rite" he said wait to get the wax on it, I then spoke to my mum and dad they also think I should wait till the roads clear, some cars are a mess with stone chips, I was talking to a friend with a new Leon FR tonight and his alloys are chipped to hell.

volvokid
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 22:35
About time you cleaned it Martyn :wink:

I know Alan I was ashamed with the dust that was on it :crazy:

MisterC1501
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 23:24
Sure am I split with the girlfriend back in July so moved back home, she kept the flat and never even stays in it!!! hence why I bought a new car I wasn't under the thumb anymore :)

Bloody hair dressers car :bog: Should have kept the flat and give the car to the ex :insane:

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 23:26
It's only a Volvo car at the end of the day not a bloody Bugatti , stop worrying about getting it dirty or getting the odd stone chip, just drive it.I can't get my head round the fact you spent thousnds of pounds on a car just to have it sitting there, what's the point?

All that depreciation just sitting in the garage, if you want to throw your money away please send some my way lol

volvokid
Thursday 18th February 2010, 00:06
It's only a Volvo car at the end of the day not a bloody Bugatti , stop worrying about getting it dirty or getting the odd stone chip, just drive it.I can't get my head round the fact you spent thousnds of pounds on a car just to have it sitting there, what's the point?

All that depreciation just sitting in the garage, if you want to throw your money away please send some my way lol

Volvo Bugatti its all the same to me I've said it before I would choose most of the current Volvo's before any car make, I could of bought an M3 an Evo an Impreza a Porsche a Mazarati at the price of the Volvo. I do it because I can, at the end of the day if I was to worry about deprecation I wouldnt of bought it. I know a few people that have a daily runner and there pride and joys only for good days my dads S60R hasn't been out for long enough my friends Megane r26 hasn't seen tar since November theres a guy on VOC that takes his V70R off the road for winter as he wants to keep it as good as ever Clark from polishedbliss is driving an old Astra instead of his WR1 due to the roads just now, the C70 WILL be used on a regular basis but whats the point of me spending all that time detailing it then driving about in it then having to detail it all again, because there's no point polishedbliss putting the wax on a dirty car. I've said this 3X about my V40 getting battered in this weather due to road conditions and someone hitting the bumper on it, I'm angry about it but not as much as I would be if it happened to the C70.

volvokid
Thursday 18th February 2010, 00:08
Bloody hair dressers car :bog: Should have kept the flat and give the car to the ex :insane:

I am a hair dresser ahem!!! lol. Didnt have to much choice about the flat at the end of the day.

Jimmie
Thursday 18th February 2010, 07:44

I think your comments are quite funny considering you spent money fitting parts that the c70 never came out with and were not even on any parts list.
Why would you fit R wheels etc to a c70 for instance?.

My R hasn’t seen tar for a year+ because I have a bus pass but I wont sell it.lol

mr nutt
Thursday 18th February 2010, 16:48
lovely motor

Jaseb77
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:04
Very Nice.

I too, fancy one in the future, the best one I have driven was actually an Auto D5 C70.

My next is likely a new shape S80 though

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 18th February 2010, 21:17
I think your comments are quite funny considering you spent money fitting parts that the c70 never came out with and were not even on any parts list.
Why would you fit R wheels etc to a c70 for instance?.

My R hasn’t seen tar for a year+ because I have a bus pass but I wont sell it.lol

What have the changes to my car got to do with my comments about him spending £40,000 on a beautiful car just to have it trailered home and having no intention of driving it for 6 months.:rolleyes2

Jimmie
Thursday 18th February 2010, 22:00
what's the point?

What was the point of your so called upgrades?.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 18th February 2010, 22:13
What was the point of your so called upgrades?.

I ask again, what have my so called upgrades got to do with my original post about him not using his car?

volvokid
Thursday 18th February 2010, 22:17
So obviously everything i just wrote went in one ear and out the other

volvokid
Thursday 18th February 2010, 22:19
Very Nice.

I too, fancy one in the future, the best one I have driven was actually an Auto D5 C70.

My next is likely a new shape S80 though

I took a drive of the normal diesel and was impressed with the poke it had so I'm sure the D5 was in a whole different class. The new S80 is a very nice car and has a lot better interior.

t5 pete
Thursday 18th February 2010, 23:06
sorry if this is abit off subject but what what year did the c70 start doing convertables as my misses has decided she would like one and if possible ide like to get one thats pre me7

cameron
Thursday 18th February 2010, 23:15
Pete i think it was 99 onwards :D

Wobbly Dave
Friday 19th February 2010, 00:41
sorry if this is abit off subject but what what year did the c70 start doing convertables as my misses has decided she would like one and if possible ide like to get one thats pre me7
Why pre-ME7?

uglybetty
Monday 1st March 2010, 16:35
that looks gorgous in black, def gonna paint my calipers now, stunning car u got there