PDA

View Full Version : "breaking"

Misty
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 15:39
hiya
well i posted when we got our volvo and now she has to go :(
she still needs the new clutch, we got a wiper switch to fit but never got round to it so its still bypassed to the fog lights and now there is an engine coolant leak.
anyway so i lost all my links and ended up googling and asking on another forum(which is now recovering from a crash, so cant use it) so i decided to look for this one again as everyone was so helpful before.
after taking advice from all different people we have decided we will sell her for breaking? but what should we expect for each part and what parts do we sell(my partner only past his test a year ago so never done this stuff before)
it is an N reg 850 SE estate around 145-148k miles on clock.
if there is anymore info needed i will try and get it for you.
thanks

Al115
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 15:52
You'll get between 1 and 2 grand for a fully-working 850 well-broken depending on auto or manual, how many bits you sell, how long you are prepared to keep them hanging around in the garage for, etc...

Misty
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:02
well it works as in it gets us around and never broken down or anything only had it since about beginning dec. we bought it for £350 and put 6months tax on it, it has 6months mot left. was going to sell it, but no idea where to etc and was advised we may get our £350 back, when i said we expected maybe £200 i was advised this was probably about right. what do you think?
the money we get would go towards next car, once we have saved a bit to make it a good amount. seems we just have bad luck with cars :(
to be honest id rather it was gone a.s.a.p but with maximum money we can get.

Misty
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:03
oh and its manual

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 16:47
you have a pm misty

Misty
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 17:59
replied :)