PDA

View Full Version : Rear of the car misting up ?

mds
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 16:50
Not experienced this before and certainly not with this car. The car is a V70 T5 SE MY 2000 with a solid service history.
The last month it has misted up in the rear mainly luggage area but rear seat area too. I have checked under the carpets for damp and cant find any does anyone have any ideas? Or do I wait for summer !!!

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 19:33
It could just be the extremely bad weather over the last few months, but it could also be the seal around the boot/door.... It could even be the start of your heater matirx leaking...
My V40 does that too. I haven't discovered which my issue is yet..

cameron
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 21:23
My 850 done this for a while after the snow went :grumpy:

With the carpets being wet with all the snow lately and the kids in the boot seats the carpets were wet and not drying out properly as we were only doing short trips so the carpet never got warm enough to dry properly and it was like that for a good few weeks and every time i got into the car it was steaming up :cry:

Just an idea.

v70torslanda
Wednesday 17th February 2010, 21:36
Checked the pollen filter?

Leave the a/c on all the time and see if it clears?

mds
Thursday 18th February 2010, 16:24
Thanks Guys

The car has Climate Control and the AC was checked and refilled in June last year (may be needs checking again) the Pollen Filter was changed last service October. That leaves I guess water getting in somewhere perhaps I should put the boss in the boot and get her to yell if she gets wet??

We do have dogs but out of 3 V70's this is the only one misting up the search continues.

princepugh
Thursday 18th February 2010, 17:44
I was getting very similar symptoms on mine - turned out to be a combination of a problem with the pollen filter and a small leak (and I mean small) from the heater matrix o-rings, which were perished.

You checked the rubber drain plugs in the boot well and wing storage/access holes?

mds
Monday 22nd February 2010, 12:21
Found it!!
Off side rear lamp unit water is getting past somewhere and has soaked the insulation materail on the back of the access trim.
Just need it to stop raining/snowing now and I can strip it and find the cause.

Al115
Monday 22nd February 2010, 13:28
Good find :)

princepugh
Monday 22nd February 2010, 14:57
Hope you can locate the source without taking too much off the car. If you find a small lense crack, epoxy resin could be your friend.

One thing I have noticed around the boot on the P2 is that general gunk and debris tends to travel down the roof rail channels and deposit itself down either side of the boot seals, which could prevent effective draining.