PDA

View Full Version : Brake Vibrations?

gibbo
Sunday 19th June 2005, 21:12
Driving home today all going fine untill, braking gently for the traffic in yet another damn jam i could feel the car slightly vibrating.
Killed the stereo, shut the kids up to listen for any noise.
As you pull up you can here a slight groaning coupled with the vibration.
Apologies for the terminology.
I haven't had a chance to investigate further but i am suspecting rear pads as you can't feel anything thru the steering wheel! Has anyone experienced anything similar?
If it is the pads what is the recommended replacements? DS2000? Have they been rebadged as DS1265's or something now?
If it is the pads i'll replace the whole lot anyway, recommend supplier & cost?

Gibbo

Wobbly Dave
Monday 20th June 2005, 00:00
VT are the only suppliers in the UK of DS2500 - I can thoroughly recommend them. The DS2000 or DS Performance are also very good fast road pads - ring VT for a quote.

Bison
Monday 20th June 2005, 07:54
is the vibration thru car or steering wheel? I had vibration thru steering wheel, turned out to be warped front discs! got brembo's from VT at £36 each but believe you can get them cheaper at German French Swedish or similar.

Bison

gibbo
Monday 20th June 2005, 09:04
is the vibration thru car or steering wheel? I had vibration thru steering wheel, turned out to be warped front discs! got brembo's from VT at £36 each but believe you can get them cheaper at German French Swedish or similar.

Bison

No mate nothing thru the steering wheel, It feels like it's thru the seat very strange?

Gibbo

gibbo
Monday 20th June 2005, 09:05
VT are the only suppliers in the UK of DS2500 - I can thoroughly recommend them. The DS2000 or DS Performance are also very good fast road pads - ring VT for a quote.

Cheers W-Dave
i'll be calling them today

Gibbo

siamblue
Monday 20th June 2005, 09:39
It isn't only VT that sells those pads Motorsportworld sells them at £81 for the fronts, They are not called DS2500 anymore but Ferodo DS Performance pads,

Gary

gibbo
Friday 8th July 2005, 11:01
Turns out to be the rear pads.
Changing them over the weekend.
Cheers everyone

Gibbo