PDA

View Full Version : BSR PPC Upgrade on a 2001MY T5

colrich
Sunday 19th June 2005, 18:00
Just thought I'd let people know what this ECU upgrade does for the later T5s. Simply a fanatastic transformation of the car. the engine is so much smoother and actually sings rather than roars under full power. I'm not a great believer in BHP figures in isolation but the increase in torque (from 330 to 420nM) is awesome.

Another benefit is the drivability, possibly subjective but the gear changes are so much smoother, the original ECU power delivery can be very harsh, the BSR map is so smooth and progressive.

The BSR remap can easily be undone and also modified to include later changes such as back-cat exhausts, sports Cat etc.

I have no bias towards any of the systems available, just wanted folks to know what a delight the BSR has been for me.

My engine is the B5234T3 which has the 19T turbo.

Andrew
Sunday 19th June 2005, 18:04
Hi Chap - glad to hear about your experiences - keep them coming and enjoy you "new" car :)

BrightonBreezy
Sunday 19th June 2005, 20:36
Hi mate,
I'd like to hear some more.
Where did you get your BSR ecu upgrade done? What did it cost you?
Did you have it done at the same time as the 19T as one package or how did you approach the upgrade?

dave
Sunday 19th June 2005, 23:13
i think its a diy job mate, you get a little hardware device to load new software ecu program in, then can be changed back to original ecu anytime, and then load tuned ecu back in again.

im considering getting it for my s60r

dave

colrich
Monday 20th June 2005, 09:16
The unit is indeed a clever box of tricks you connect via the OBDII port. It contains two eeproms, one to receive the old map from your ECU and the other contains the new map which is specific to your car, this enables you to revert the coding should you ever want to??

The unit cannot be ported to another vehicle without a recode but you can update the unit via USB on your PC with email commnication from BSR, also as you proceed with more mods the map can be updated to match the new specification.

You can perform the upgrade yourself but I had mine done at cost (£450) by SW Autos in Kent (www.swautos.co.uk) who have the BSR supplied by NORDIC (nordiccar.com). Stewart is a very knowledgable guy and spent ages with me just going over the car, running Vadis and showing me a few tricks. I came away a very happy and better informed customer.

The 19T turbo came as standard on my T5 SE, it came as a pleasant suprise to know that!