PDA

View Full Version : Head light washer pipes

Clan998
Saturday 13th February 2010, 20:19
Hi

Im on a mission to get all the small annoying things working on my car .... at the moment its head light washers !

Im just wondering how much of a pain in the rear it is to get at the head light washer pipework ....Im thinking head lights off ? Is there much more to remove after that ?

Cheers

Rich

james
Monday 15th February 2010, 12:25
hello there i myself are trying to get my headlamp washers working but seem to be stumped by the simpliest things. i've tried everything from new pipes and connections and a pump but water does not come out of the headlamp wiper pipes? ami missing something trivial? please help would be much apreciated cheers james

Clan998
Monday 15th February 2010, 22:14
hello there i myself are trying to get my headlamp washers working but seem to be stumped by the simpliest things. i've tried everything from new pipes and connections and a pump but water does not come out of the headlamp wiper pipes? ami missing something trivial? please help would be much apreciated cheers james

James how do you get to the pipes etc I dont wannastrip out stuff that I dont have to :-(

Rich

t5 pete
Monday 15th February 2010, 22:26
if you have renewed the pump pipes and valves it just leaves the nossles on the wipers.
als clan do you notice when you try the wipers it just leaves a puddle and there is avalve on then that acts as a fail safe when the jets are blocked it realeses pressure through then but then it can stay constantly open other than than get a compresser and blow through the pipes to see if it kicks any crap out

james
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 19:21
yes exacly what pete says lol

Clan998
Tuesday 16th February 2010, 20:39
if you have renewed the pump pipes and valves it just leaves the nossles on the wipers.
als clan do you notice when you try the wipers it just leaves a puddle and there is avalve on then that acts as a fail safe when the jets are blocked it realeses pressure through then but then it can stay constantly open other than than get a compresser and blow through the pipes to see if it kicks any crap out

Ive taken the pipes off and tried the washers no water comes out ... I will try putting some air through the pipes and see what happens .

Where are the valves located ? Is there a separate pump for the head light washer jets or is it run off the wnd screen pump ?

Cheers Rich