PDA

View Full Version : o2 light tracs and abs

j scott
Saturday 13th February 2010, 12:34
i had the abs and tracs light come on and then the o2 light so i took off the abs ecu to get it repaired but someone has already had it done before and totally knackerd the seal round the edge so i got one off ebay so today i have given the car a bit of tlc changed o2 sensor air flow meter pcv kit abs ecu and oil and filter the o2 light has gone but still got abs tracs light has anybody got ant ideas

bobbych
Saturday 13th February 2010, 12:36
i suggest you pull the codes, because you prob have a different ABS issue other than the ECU

stevie69
Saturday 13th February 2010, 12:47
did you take it for a spin?

j scott
Saturday 13th February 2010, 15:07
yes and the 02 light has come back on as well now i am pissed off to be honest

stevie69
Saturday 13th February 2010, 18:35
i had trouble with my 02 sensor for a while.tried 3 different ones,turns out i had some grease in the connector plug.cleaned that and its been fine.had bother with my abs aswell,bought one and the light stayed on then noticed the numbers on it were different,bought one with the same numbers and the light went out.

Alan M
Saturday 13th February 2010, 18:40
Before replacing any parts willy nilly you should be reading any stored DTCs for fault clarification.

j scott
Sunday 14th February 2010, 15:37
as my car is a 96 850r i have not got a code reader i have booked the car into the garage for sat at 45 pounds a time not cheep to get some codes

Clan998
Sunday 14th February 2010, 16:51
as my car is a 96 850r i have not got a code reader i have booked the car into the garage for sat at 45 pounds a time not cheep to get some codes

Hi

Ive the same car ... if you've an ODB socket under your coin holder ( under the ash tray ) you can make a reader yourself :-)

I made one for £1.38 and it worked .... Have a look here

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83897

Im not sure if it works with all cars but for 30 mins and a few pence its worth a try .

Ive had a similar problem with my ABS ECU , I ended up taking it out and resoldering it . All good so far no more lights :-)

Hope you get it sorted

Rich