PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Washer jet hassle

cragmaz
Saturday 13th February 2010, 11:23
Hi All,

Well fed up with rear washer jet being out of action, especially with the rubbish weather. :pants:

Consulted my Haynes manual, and it only has a very small paragraph on it, and dunt even tell you how to remove the jet from the rear screen, can anyone help me please, :ashamed:, i can hear the pump working, so i guess its just a blockage, but need to get the jet out of the tailgate.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Volvostorm
Saturday 13th February 2010, 15:12
Have a look under the false floor on the right hand side, mine stopped working last winter, because the pipe joining the filter had come off.

It may not be that, but it might help :)

p fandango
Saturday 13th February 2010, 15:15
i think the hose breaking at the hinge is quite a common problem as well, but you normally can tell when its that because of the wet floor

Al115
Saturday 13th February 2010, 15:19
Follow the hose from the tailgate into the body of the car and down the offside. Normal reason for these failing is the hose becomes disconnected at a join. You're probably filling up the underfloor compartment with washer fluid at the moment :D

Al115
Saturday 13th February 2010, 15:19
Darn... beaten to it :)

cragmaz
Sunday 14th February 2010, 17:13
thanks guys, will check it out

craig

cragmaz
Sunday 14th February 2010, 20:47
you guys never fail me, you were spot on about the join, it had come apart, sorted now, thanks a million guys.:smile:

Craig