PDA

View Full Version : mileage

juggalo
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:27
im about to buy my 1st t5 the one i have seen and like has 267k on the clock, seller says car is sound no knocks etc or smoke, boosts fine, now when and if i get it i will probably tan it round lol with the car having done so much mileage will it cause probs if i drive it hard or will it be ok?

advice will be very helpfull

thanks

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:48
Just remember all cars will break at sometime in their life.
Look at what has been done to the car and how he drives it will give you an indication of how abused the components are and how likely they are to fail if you drove the same way.
Just for comparison.... I drive a supposidly bullet proof 850 with only 180k miles on the clock that is on it's second engine, third gearbox, third turbo....lots of plastic bits and bobs but this is down to the way I drive my cars to the max (e.g used to run a sustained 130-150 at 5am for 5-6mins each day to work-yes banned twice).

abdul
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:51
thats a lot of mileage engine might be good but other things like starter motor radiator water pump etc etc will need changing

juggalo
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:51
the car is all standard and the owner has changed the oil every 5000 miles, it has a towbar so im guessin it was a tower,by the sound of it it hasnt been hammered, im just a little put off by the mileage

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:56
Compare what the owner is asking for the car against others on Autotrader/ebay etc then you'll know if it is worth taking the risk...

If it is really cheap then if it only lasts a couple of months then that would be less than you've spent out on a new car after deposit/installments/interest.

Every car is a risk.... just ask those Toyota drivers.

juggalo
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:58
true i totally agree, it was this one has everything im after, its a t5, full leather and the 7 seat option, iv not yet seen one the same spec at all for sale its either got one thing or the other lol

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:04
Is it Streaky44's???? just read the other post?

I love the colour, I think that the purple colour is going to be more desirable than the yellow one eventually.

7 seat option only really saves you £50-£100 as they alway come up for sale.

juggalo
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:24
yes thats the one, it looks a really nice motor. what do you think?

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:42
Nice car, but just remember the "S" series is the bottom of the range, everything that has been put was an optional extra. The seats could have been added at a later date.

I'm afraid I'd never advise someone to buy a car, cos it always comes back to haunt you. If you like it then make your choice and go for it or keep looking... Also remember to haggle... he wants to get rid soon to buy another car (sorry Streaky) so see just how much it is worth to get rid.

juggalo
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:47
thanks for the advice dude, im wanting to buy one this sunday lol, iv looked everywhere but cant find a decent one for the money