PDA

View Full Version : What Polish?

yorkshire R
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:04
its time i gave my T4 a treat with a good valet!

as my car is panama yellow can anyone recomend a good polish for a yellow car?

iv tried mer and t-cut in the past and wasnt that good

snake66
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:10
Try to find some Auto proud, use the restorer first and then the polish, gives a fantastic finish without any residue.

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:21
I've got Meguirs Techwax (I think that's whats it's called). Also got "Gold class" wash with conditioner.

..... ooooo look at me with the cleaning stuff. You'd never think that I have only only washed the V40 twice since I've had it in 12months

yorkshire R
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:26
twice in 12 months !!

my friends say iv cccd ( compulsive car cleaning disorder!)

iv boxers full of valeting stuff but havent found a decent polish for the T4 yet

its going for the m.o.t next week and the guys at volvo usually comment on how nice my car looks nevermind the look on there face when they see the milage lol

JUDGENINJA
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:34
twice in 12 months !!

my friends say iv cccd ( compulsive car cleaning disorder!)

iv boxers full of valeting stuff but havent found a decent polish for the T4 yet

its going for the m.o.t next week and the guys at volvo usually comment on how nice my car looks nevermind the look on there face when they see the milage lol

I think it is down to the vandalism that was done to the car by my neighbours kids/visitors lost my enthusiasm for keep the car in tiptop condition. as I don't like to work on the car on the drive.

So feel free to come down and test out your polishing skills on mine anytime..
Maybe I should come and park mine next to yours and you might not notice which one your cleaning until you get to the back...

volvokid
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:36
these are the polishes you need for your cars paint http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/menzerna-car-care-and-detailing-products.html

sebasteeno
Friday 12th February 2010, 17:29
Autoglym super resin polish all the way for me followed by a wax. Just bought some Boora Wax off ebay as its got Carnauba in to protect all my hard polishing work. Seems pretty good so far